Full Position ($40K plus housing)
The First Baptist Church of Cooper, Texas is actively seeking a highly motivated person with a heart for students and their families to fill the position of Student/Worship Pastor. The Student/Worship Pastor will be part of a team of pastors and church leaders ministering to both church members and members of the community of Cooper and Delta County. The duties and responsibilities will reflect that a greater part of the prospective pastor’s responsibilities will be in the area of student ministries. The worship duties and responsibilities are limited to preparing our praise team for leading worship on Sunday mornings. The following is a more detailed listing of duties and responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities for Student Ministry:
- Recruit and lead a Student Ministry Lead Team. The Student Ministry Pastor will establish a close working relationship with his Student Ministry Lead Team members and will meet with them on a regular basis.
- The Student Ministry Pastor and lead team will organize all activities and events related to students. This will include, but not be limited to, camps, mission trips, DNow weekends, retreats and any other activities deemed necessary to have a thriving student ministry.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will be responsible for Wednesday evening student meetings as well as the student Sunday School ministry.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will oversee and administer funds budgeted to the student ministry by the church’s Finance Committee.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will have a strong presence in the Cooper community by attending lunch times at the local school, school events, and community activities such as events at our town square, fairs, etc.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will have the ability to work with and communicate to both students and their parents to facilitate the overall mission of Cooper FBC.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will meet with other pastors (pastoral staff meetings) and church leaders (elders meetings) on a regular basis.
- Office hours are required. Office hours for full time pastors are 8:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Thursday. Friday and Saturdays are the usual days off due to the church office being open Monday through Thursday. These hours are definitely flexible due to the nature of ministry and the need to be available for ministry outside of the office – athletic events, community events, hospital visits, home visits, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities for Worship Ministry:
- The Worship Ministry Pastor will prepare the praise team to lead the Sunday morning worship service.
- The Worship Ministry Pastor will have a working knowledge of sound, video, and lighting equipment as well as needed computer software for a worship setting.
- It is preferred that the Worship Ministry Pastor possess the ability to play an instrument while leading congregational worship.
- The Worship Ministry Pastor will lead the congregation in a blended worship style on Sunday mornings.
- The Worship Ministry Pastor will explore current music to bring fresh relevance to our church, while being sensitive to classic hymns.
- Recruit instrumentalists and vocalists for the church’s praise team as needed.
- Live Cooper FBC’s vision through involvement in community life.
- Lead with a servant’s heart.
- Be a faithful steward of the financial resources God has entrusted to you by giving to the Lord regularly.
- Be a team player along side of the staff and volunteers of Cooper FBC to accomplish common goals.
First Baptist Church Cooper Texas
Contact Name & Contact Info
Southern Baptist Convention (SBC)
Description of Organization
Cooper First Baptist Church is reformed in its theology and exists to glory the supremacy of God by making disciples who reproduce themselves by connecting people to God, the Word, others, and the world.Apply Online Contact Via Email