Student Ministry Resident
Family Ministry Director & Senior Pastor
The Student Ministry Resident (SMR) is responsible for overseeing all of student ministry’s (6th-12th grade) vision, programming, evangelism, discipleship, recruitment and shepherding of volunteers, and administrative support. He/she is responsible for making sure the ministry is theologically sound, functionally excellent, safe, and fun. The SMR will also assist the Family Ministry Director in serving with children ministry on Sunday morning, and contributing to other areas of need in the church at large. Outside of Family Ministry, the residency will provide personal and professional discipleship in hopes to equip resident for full-time ministry.
Champion Family Ministry vision to see student’s faith begin and last a lifetime through equipping parents to disciple their students, integrating students into the life of the church, and creating gospel-centered and age-appropriate Wednesday evening programming.
- Prepare and lead for Midweek (Wednesday Evening Programming) through lesson planning, creating small group discussion materials, volunteer scheduling, and parent communication.
- Engage in evangelism and outreach opportunities outside of Sunday and Wednesday programming.
- Deep discipleship with two to three students outside of a Wednesday evening and Sunday morning on a consistent basis.
- Plan and execute a winter/spring retreat, summer mission trip or camp, and a back-to-school outreach event.
- Assist in Sunday morning Children Ministry programming.
- Recruit, train, encourage, and empower student ministry volunteers to take ownership of various levels of ministry responsibilities.
- Think strategically how to equip parents to pastor their students through Thrives, take-home curriculum, weekly emails, and one-on-one discipleship of parents.
- Prepare for a full-time ministry role through assessment, training, being assigned various ministry responsibilities, attending staff meetings, and personal mentoring from Senior Pastor.
Free Housing + monthly stipend (negotiable)
- Christian maturity and a continued nurturing of a personal relationship with Jesus
- A heart for the local church and student ministry
- Pursuing theological education
- Experience working cross-culturally, as well as a full commitment to diversity and racial reconciliation as biblical values
- Experience in student ministry or in a comparable educational setting is preferred
- Recruitment, equipping and empowerment skills
- A servant’s heart with an attitude of genuine love for students.
- Ability to work effectively in team-based leadership.
The Well Community Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Silver Spring, MD
Description of Organization
The Well Community Church is a gospel-centered, missional, and multi-ethnic church in downtown Silver Spring, MD just outside of Washington, DC. Located in one of the most unreached communities in the Washington, DC metroplex, our desire is to see the gospel flourish in the diverse community of Silver Spring and Montgomery County.
Our mission is to follow Jesus together for the good of the world. We envision followers of Jesus who actually follow and share Jesus wherever they are, wherever they go. Disciples who are committed to making disciples. And as disciples are continually made, new churches being birthed and formed all over the place. We dream of being a church that positively impacts thousands of people of our area for eternity, serves as a hub for training church planters and pastors, and launches many new church plants throughout the region and abroad.
In order to help see this vision become reality, we are looking for a Student Ministry Resident to minister to our community in order to see our students' faith begin and last a lifetime. Please see below for job description.Apply Online Contact Via Email