Special Ops Communications Contractor
**Please apply directly at https://christcovenant.org/about-us-2/employment/.
**This position may be a remote or virtual position.
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
The Special Ops Communications Contractor will lead Christ Covenant Church to the next level with an entrepreneurial vision by monitoring communications programs including social media, website, and video projects that effectively describe and promote Christ Covenant Church’s mission. He/she will serve as an advisor to the Communications Manager and team by directing the efforts of the social media, communications, and public relations functions of the Church. The Special Ops Communications Contractor will consult regularly with the Senior Pastor, report to the Senior Director of Church Administration, work in coordination with the Communications Manager, and communicate with the senior staff on a variety of strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT 30%
• Oversee media relations and maximize social media opportunities, including the proactive maintenance of relationships. Drive strategy and message development, pitch, and announcement strategies.
• Oversee, evaluate, and advise web presence to ensure rich and creative content is optimized for search engines.
• In collaboration with the Communications Manager, continually evaluate the communications plan and the level of engagement within the network over time and across the Church’s audiences.
EXECUTIVE SUPPORT 50%
• Fulfill the Church’s commitment to be a “resource church” to the denomination, to mission partners, to like-minded churches/schools/seminaries, and to the greater body of Christ through the effective use of information technology and communications.
• Support the Sr. Pastor and the Sr. Director of Church Administration in the management of the communication portion of their responsibilities. Write, edit, and assist in special announcements and communications from Pastors and/or Officers.
• Strategize with leadership to disseminate the Church’s vision to staff, church leadership, and congregants.
• Conduct special video products in conjunction with the Senior Pastor, staff, or officers.
DEVELOPMENT – WRITING/EDITING 10%
• Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, and the specific ministry life of the Church and use this information to help the Church operate with initiative and innovation.
• Develop branding initiatives, internal communications, and external media relations, and oversee Christ Covenant Church’s consistent branding and reputation.
• Provide leadership, together with the Communications Manager, for website administration, social media administration, print media administration, and other communication support personnel.
The Special Ops Communications Contractor will report to the Senior Director of Church Administration.
• Committed follower of Jesus Christ. Committed to personal integrity and prayer in all aspects of personal and professional life.
• Be conversant with and supportive of the system of doctrine taught in Reformed theology as expressed in the Westminster Standards.
• Desire to enable the success of the Christ Covenant staff and volunteers through communications.
• Demonstrates an understanding and is able to communicate the Reformed faith.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Position requires contact with confidential information therefore individual must have a proven degree of credibility and professional maturity.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Well trained in and entrepreneurial with social media platforms and cutting-edge technologies.
• Awareness of marketplace insights to craft a communications strategy and plan to support the Church’s vision.
• High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
• Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”. Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, church leadership, volunteers, church members, program participants, and other supporters.
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills – including the ability to present concepts verbally. Demonstrated ability to produce excellent content which benefits the global church.
• Strong computer and graphics skills. Proficiency with web design software, specifically Word Press is preferred. Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
• Skill in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations strategies.
• Experience leveraging technology, web tools, and social media to effectively promote and communicate.
Christ Covenant Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Christ Covenant Church, a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), is located in Matthews, NC, a suburb of Charlotte. It is a vibrant church with an involved membership.Apply Online Contact Via Email