- In coordination with the Session help to set the vision of the church’s ministry and apply strategic thinking and planning to move the church membership toward realization of that vision, as God would grant.
- Study trends in culture and critically assess its beliefs and values, equipping the church to be an instrument of grace and reconciliation in a broken world, and to recognize and stand against any beliefs and values that go against the revealed will of God
- Moderate Session and congregational meetings, making sure that the various aspects of the church’s ministry are functioning as they should and that the church and Session are adhering to Biblical principles, the PCA Book of Church Order, Iowa Presbytery Standing Rules and the local church priorities.
- Prepare order of worship for each week’s service, consulting with office staff, music personnel and session as appropriate.
- Prepare and teach Sunday School lessons each Sunday. typically to an adult class, but could be to high school or other classes as arranged with the Session.
- Preach at Sunday morning service.
- Administer the Sacraments – Lord’s Supper observed weekly, baptism as needed.
- Officiate other services as needed (e.g. funerals, weddings)
- Lead training sessions for elder and deacon nominees as needed.
- Lead new member classes as needed.
- As needed, provide pastoral counseling e.g., call on the sick, counsel those seeking spiritual guidance, counsel those needing correction, pre-marriage counseling, marriage counseling). There would not need to be a prearranged schedule (i.e., calendar for routine contact) for these activities.
- Maintain a routine presence in the office. It is the expectation of the Session that the pastor would ordinarily hold to a 5-day work week (Sunday being considered ½ day).
- Attend regularly and maintain an appropriate engagement with presbytery and denominational meetings.
Candidates should have a minimum of one year of ministry experience and a seminary degree.
Hope Evangelical Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
North Liberty, IA
Description of Organization
Hope is a small, but welcoming body of believers. Members are spread out geographically coming from several towns in a 30 mile radius. We recently planted a church in Cedar Rapids (15 miles north) that began holding worship services in October 2020, thus our church membership has decreased. The average attendance is 80 people. Ministry opportunities include: Sunday School for all ages, Small Group Bible Studies; Youth Group; Jr./Sr. High Girl’s Fellowship; Women’s Connection Group; Women’s Bible Study; Men’s Breakfast; Short Term Mission Trips.Contact Via Email