Senior Pastor/Head of Staff
Senior Pastor/Head of Staff. Teach, preach, lead and shepherd the flock at FPC. Provide spiritual nourishment for today and a vision that will grow FPC for the next decade and beyond. Inspire every generation in the congregation including a sizable contingent of seniors and snowbirds. Lead the Session plus the standing and ad hock committees.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- A leader who exemplifies humility and lives up to what is written in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 and has a leadership style that is relational, interpersonal, and approachable.
- A candidate who is committed to the 5 Solas: Christ Alone, Scripture Alone, Grace Alone, Faith Alone, and Glory to God alone.
- Well versed in Reformed theology that is steeped in the Scriptures, Creeds, Confessions, and ECO Tenets.
- Effective teaching and preaching with strong oral and written communication skills.
- A heart for shepherding the entire congregation which includes those coming from other Christians traditions and denominations.
- Ability to relate to all age groups (from diapers to depends).
- Ability to manage and leverage the volatility created by seasonal migrations of seniors (Our finances, staffing, ministries, and worship are all affected.)
- Willingness to embrace technology and social networking.
- Ability to identify and utilize the strengths and gifts of staff members, leaders, and the congregation as a whole.
- Actively seek out fresh ideas and generate a vision for the future.
- A personal commitment to local and world ministries and missions to further the Great Commission and the Great Commandment.
- Competent leading worship in both a traditional (liturgical) and contemporary worship setting.
- Passion for evangelism in the local community.
- A fearless readiness to address compelling and challenging 21st century societal issues without compromise, but with grace, supported by Scripture, e.g., domestic abuse, same-sex marriage, transsexuality, abortion, cohabitation, materialism, etc.
- Proven track record and experience shepherding a growing congregation.
- Comfort, confidence, and readiness to work alongside existing pastors, ministry leaders, and the outgoing pastor (to enable a smooth transition).
- Desire to invest in for the long-term in FPC Haines City and the surrounding community.
- A Master of Divinity, or its equivalent, from an accredited seminary.
- Ordained in ECO or willingness to become ordained in ECO.
First Presbyterian Church of Haines City
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - Other
Haines City, FL
Description of Organization
FPC Hines City is a growing ECO church seeking a Senior Pastor/Head of Staff to replace our current pastor who is retiring. Abundant details about FPC Haines City are available on the church website at fpchainescity.org. The website includes links to the Church Profile (CIF) and a further link to begin the application process. Specific questions may be addressed to our PNC at FPCPNC2021@outlook.com.Contact Via Email