Faith Bible Church of Jackson is seeking a new Senior Pastor who is gifted in teaching and evangelism. Through the ministry of the Word, he will disciple the saints while equipping and leading our congregation to reach the lost in our community with the gospel. Faith Bible Church is a non-denominational church with a diverse congregation that has experienced revitalization over the past three years. Our church has a weekly attendance of 45-50 people, with 24 active members.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- The Pastor must meet the spiritual, personal, and character qualifications of an elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:6–9 and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22.
- The Pastor must be a man of prayer and a man of the Word, sensitive to the leading of the Spirit. He will devote himself to daily prayer and Bible reading for the sake of guarding himself from sin and stirring up his heart and mind to renewed passion for Christ; and he will gladly participate in mutual care and accountability with other believers.
- The Pastor will seek to undertake his duties in the power of the Holy Spirit, undergirded with prayer, guided by the Scriptures, and manifesting the character of Christ for the glory of God.
- The Pastor must have a proven ministry track record that demonstrates spiritual gifting in evangelism and teaching.
- The Pastor must have a minimum of a four-year undergraduate degree in Bible/Theology. A Master of Divinity (M. Div.) from an accredited seminary, expertise in Greek and Hebrew, and 3+ years of relevant ministry experience are preferred.
- The Pastor must be committed to reformed theology and be in substantial agreement with the 1689 Second London Baptist Confession of Faith.
- Preaching—the Pastor should be an effective preacher who is able to rightly handle the word of God and joyfully engage the exposition of the Word.
- Teaching/Equipping—the Pastor should be a fruitful biblical teacher able to effectively “equip the saints for the work of the ministry.”
- Servant Leadership—the Pastor should be able to lead in a variety of contexts (individual, small groups, large groups) in such a way that Jesus Christ and his gospel are central. He should be a self-starter and take initiative. He should be wise and discerning and know when to be decisive, sensitive, tender, and firm.
- Communication—the Pastor should be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and in a loving and biblical manner.
- Relational—the Pastor should have a heart to care for people of all ages and ethnicities. That drive should manifest itself in the appropriate use of time.
- Administrative—while seeking mainly to shepherd people, the Pastor should have the skill set and ability to effectively manage the various administrative tasks associated with the position.
- Peacemaking—the Pastor should be able to tactfully and winsomely unite people with varying perspectives to advance harmony and love, and to achieve common goals.
Essential Ministry Responsibilities:
- Leading Sunday morning worship services, including preaching.
- Expository preaching as the predominant style.
- Ability to lead worship music is preferred.
- Teaching churchwide weekly Bible study.
- Engaging the local community through evangelistic outreach, while equipping others to do the same.
- Establishing the vision and ministry priorities of the church.
- Providing oversight and guidance to those performing basic administrative and operational tasks such as accounting, following up with visitors, managing social media, maintaining the church website, caring for the upkeep of church buildings and grounds, and similar tasks necessary to sustain the ministry of the church.
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience. A large 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom parsonage with full basement is included.
If you believe that you are a good fit for our pastoral opening, please apply by emailing the following items to email@example.com
- Intro Letter (this should include your testimony of faith, ministry calling and why you believe you would be a good fit for this opening)
- Current Resume (please include your personal, family, work and educational information)
- 2 sermon samples (links to video sermons is preferred but links to audio is also acceptable)
- 3 references that have firsthand knowledge of your ministry qualifications (2 references from ministry leaders and 1 from a non-family member of your choosing)
Faith Bible Church of Jackson
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Faith Bible Church exists to make, mature and multiply disciples of Jesus Christ for the glory of God and the good of all people.Contact Via Email