The Presbyterian Church of the Atonement in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area is seeking a Senior Pastor to lead our diverse, urban church. Our current senior pastor, Curt Young, is retiring after 25 years of service.
We seek a pastor with a deepening love for Christ, a strong sense of calling to pastoral ministry, a compassionate heart, and the wisdom and gifts necessary to lead us and to preach God’s Word. We hope for a man who wants to invest many years of his life serving Christ through our church. In the same way, we desire to invest our lives in him and in the welfare of his family.
We expect the next Senior Pastor to assume substantial responsibility in five areas: Preaching and Teaching; Personal Ministry; Vision Casting, Planning, and Ministry Development; Staff Supervision; and Administration. He will enjoy the support of the church’s Associate Pastor, staff, and officers. Details of his job description within these five areas will be developed in consultation with him.
For the church and position profile and application process, please see http://www.atonementlife.org/pastoral-search.html.
- Eligibility to serve as a Minister of Word and Sacrament in the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, including appropriate educational credentials, typically including a Master of Divinity degree.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as an ordained pastor or equivalent ministerial position.
- Vibrant faith in Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.
- Vitality, warmth and joy.
- A Reformed commitment to preach and teach the Scriptures.
- Confidence in the truth, humility in all things.
- Transparency and honesty.
- Strength to confront and correct.
- A collegial approach in working with ordained officers, leaders, and staff; and the willingness to learn as well as to teach.
- Ability to convey vision, to think and plan strategically, and to initiate and develop ministry alongside others.
- Ability to recruit, equip, and support volunteer ministry leaders.
- Emotional intelligence and administrative skills.
- Thoughtful preparation of sermons and biblical instruction.
- Communication and teaching skills that not merely inform but serve to transform others.
- A lifestyle commitment to share the Gospel.
- Personal involvement to support the expansion and protection of the global Church.
Church of the Atonement
Contact Name & Contact Info
Stephen Cairns, Chair Pastor Search Committee
Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church (ARP)
Silver Spring, MD
Description of Organization
See Church Profile at http://www.atonementlife.org/pastoral-search.htmlApply Online Contact Via Email