Responsibilities / Duties
The Senior Pastor shall be responsible to partner with the Session to provide spiritual leadership and oversight for Lighthouse Presbyterian Church.
- Worship Services
- Plan and lead the Sunday morning and other worship services of the church
- Oversight of the ministry of the Preaching the Word of God as written in the Old and New Testaments, on the occasions established by the Session
- Oversight of the administration of the Lord’s Supper and Baptism
- Oversight of leadership training and development for church officers
- Teach church sponsored classes and small groups as appropriate
- Provide Biblical counsel, with referrals to other elders or professional counselors, as necessary
- Visitation of the Congregation
- Work with the Session to develop a plan for regular visits to the congregation as needed
- Visits to home bound church members
- Hospital visits when necessary
- Oversight/Shepherding of Elders
- Moderator of the Session – includes the agenda, task delegation, etc.
- Monthly Report to the Session of Senior Pastor’s work
- Training the Session for active spiritual oversight and leadership of the congregation
- Communicate the church’s vision and goals as established with the Session
- Church Staff
- Moderate meeting of church employees as needed.
- Oversight of staff responsibilities and personal spiritual development
- Oversight of day to day church office administration
- Recommend staff additions or terminations to the Session as necessary
- Presbytery, General Assembly, Broader Community
- Pledge to uphold the standards of the EPC and Book of Order
- Participate in the required meetings/duties/ministries of Presbytery and GA
- Report to the Session about the topics before the Presbytery and GA
- Work with the Session to communicate information to the congregation as requested by the Presbytery or GA
- Adhere to and uphold the Bylaws of Lighthouse EPC.
- Cooperate with local churches in appropriate ecumenical efforts
- Support local community agencies and programs as appropriate
- Relationship of this Job Description and the Call
- The Call with the compensation and the benefits package will be determined by the Session and approved by the congregation.
- The Senior Pastor will serve under the terms of the Call
- The Senior Pastor’s work will be reviewed by the Session annually and documented in a written format provided to the Senior Pastor.
- The Senior Pastor’s review will precede the annual review of the Call.
- Prior to the annual Congregational Business Meeting, the Senior Pastor and the Session will review the Call. The job description may be revised as necessary.
- Biblical exegetical skills, expository preaching, and teaching
- Pastoral care as the lead overseer/shepherd of the congregation
- Administrative management of church and staff
- Listening and Problem solving
- Strong interpersonal relations
- Collaborative team building
- Effective time management
- Strong oral and written communication
- Willing to work with various personality types
- Crisis intervention and conflict management
- Comfortable with technology
- Timely response to communications and urgent concerns
See our Church Information Form to understand our mission, our congregation, and the essential qualities/attributes for the Senior Pastor. He must have a Masters of Divinity from a Reformed Theological Seminary. Applicants must be complementarian. Ordination in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church is preferred but is not mandatory.
Lighthouse Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC)
Richmond, 43944, OH
Description of Organization
We are a congregation of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, true to the Scriptures, faithful to the Gospel, and committed to the Great Commission. We recognize that we are not our own; we have been bought with a price, and thus we belong to Christ and to one another. This reconciliation with God as his beloved sons and daughters finds expression in the way we care for one another as brothers and sisters in the body of Christ. We understand that our most important ministry is public worship. In worship, God meets us corporately, feeds us spiritually and knits us together as one people. We purpose to reach out with the gospel, in both word and deed, to those perishing without Christ. Aspiring to return glory to him in all that we do, we seek to cultivate in our membership a posture of servanthood that looks to the needs of others — in our immediate community and to the ends of the earth. We serve in the strength and through the gifts with which God empowers his people. As we do, we trust that God’s people will be built up in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
We are a rural, small town, agricultural area with a population in a 5 mile radius of 440. Please see our Church Information Form.
In the Past 12 Months:
• Gained thirteen new members.
• Confessional Baptism of a new member.
• Added more vocalists and liturgists to the Praise Team.
• Installed new security cameras and organized a Security Team.
• Employed a part time church secretary and treasurer.
• Established two mid-weekly events (Bible Study and prayer meeting).
• Hosted a professional seminar on church security and concealed carry weapons. (63 people in attendance)
• Installed a new digital sign.
• Constructed a new audio system control booth at the back of the sanctuary.
• Structured the Session into four committees designed to involve church members in decision making. Those four committees are Education, Fellowship, Worship and Evangelism.
• Updated the church website.
Mission: The Mission of Lighthouse Evangelical Presbyterian Church is to shine Christ's truth, peace, and salvation to our world and to equip the next generation with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Motto: Lighthouse Presbyterian Church is Christ centered, Family focused, and Mission minded.Contact Via Email