Second Reformed Church – Pastor
About the Pastor:
Second Reformed Church seeks a shepherding leader with management skills, complemented with team-building experience, who can strategically execute our vision. SRC recognizes every pastor has a ministry style or styles, strengths and weaknesses in giftedness. The church primarily seeks a man whose preaching clearly shows the relevance of the gospel to people’s lives, who equips the saints for the work of ministry, and who is a prayer warrior convinced that power in the Lord’s work must come by God’s means and His blessing. SRC believes that God’s man will have a shepherd’s heart for his family, congregation, and community. The ideal candidate has experience in living out the Christian faith in a family setting. He aligns with the pastoral qualifications found in Acts 20:28, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4. This opportunity is a Pastor Successor and will begin by assisting the retiring Senior Pastor in the church’s ministry, promoting the church’s vision and help facilitate the church’s growth in the community. He will share general pastoral duties through working with the Senior Pastor and with the goal of becoming Senior Pastor in the Spring of 2023.
The Pastor Will Focus on the Following:
- Passionately minister the Gospel of Christ, encouraging spiritual growth and development in the Lord’s people.
- Preach the Gospel in a clear, understandable manner, demonstrating its relevance and application to life.
- Connect with young adults and families to share Christ and seek to help them assimilate into God’s Family at SRC.
- Share in responsibility to lead, teach, and organize small groups/Bible studies.
- Plan and lead worship services with the Worship Workgroup.
- Assist in cultivating and maintaining a multigenerational music program.
- Officiate weddings, funerals, and baptisms. As a service and witness to our community, if available, conduct funeral services for non-church families.
- As able, carry out a visitation ministry (i.e. nursing home, hospital, funeral, in-home, shut-in). Help oversee the on-call elder ministry. Be accessible to people in emergencies or urgent matters.
- Encourage communication with our missionaries alongside our Missions Team.
- As for prayer ministry, lead by example within worship, meetings, special prayer meetings, shut-ins, the sick and hospitalized, etc. Pray for individuals/families, missionaries, and church ministries behind the scenes (i.e. Acts 6:4).
- Counsel at a level of comfort and gifting.
- Oversee administration of the congregation’s ministries in collaboration with the Elders, Consistory, Committees, and Staff.
- As available, mentor church leaders responsible for ministries.
- Manage pastoral and secretarial staff, in conjunction with the Elders.
- Preside over Elders, Consistory, and Congregational meetings. Collaborate with Elder and Deacon areas of responsibility.
- Support, encourage, and train ministry staff.
- Maintain office hours to be available to the congregation.
- Help educate the congregation in Biblical stewardship from the pulpit and other means/venues.
- Promote congregational benevolence and mission work.
- Encourage the congregation to reach out to the unchurched, inactive members, neighbors, and new residents within their area.
- Help welcome and assimilate new members into the life of the congregation.
- Encourage the congregation to support our missionaries and to step out in faith to take on new missionaries (Matthew 28:16-20).
Overall Goals and Expectations
- Help a multigenerational congregation become more stable in their walk with the Lord and add to the Family of God.
- Help with development of volunteer and paid staff.
- Continue using social media technology for online worship services and possibly a blog ministry.
- Help lead our Consistory and congregation to execute our L.I.G.H.T. plan.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with 5+ years of ministry experience.
- Seminary degree is preferred and candidates must be ordained.
- Personable and approachable
- Good sense of humor
- Good communicator and listener
- Open to new ideas
- Servant’s heart
- Spiritually disciplined
- Lifelong learner
- Strong character
Vanderbloemen /Second Reformed Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Free Church (EFCA)
Description of Organization
Meet Second Reformed Church:
Second Reformed Church (SRC) is a well-established congregation within Marion, New York. It is located near Lake Ontario in the heart of the Finger Lakes fruit and dairy country, approximately 25 miles east of Rochester, New York. Since the congregation’s organization on March 2, 1910, Second Reformed Church has, by God’s Grace, preached, taught, encouraged, shared, and tried to live out the historic Christian Faith, the Bible Faith of the Triune God. By the Lord’s blessing upon these efforts, Second Reformed Church is known in the Marion community and beyond as a caring church. We are thankful for this reputation, especially for the doors it helps open for us to share the Good News of Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
God has called us to “Reflect the LIGHT of Christ within our community.” We envision a growing, loving, scripturally-driven church. We are a mission and evangelistic-minded church and a family-oriented congregation for all generations.Apply Online Contact Via Email