San Antonio Ministry Intern
Missionary to healthcare students and professionals in the greater San Antonio area.
- Sharing the gospel and discipling healthcare students and professionals.
- Helping to organize weekly campus luncheons.
- Lead or participate in bible study and prayer groups.
- Assisting in the organization and performance of local medical and dental mission outreaches. There is also an international medical mission trip to the Dominican Republic in May.
- Will learn about ministry budgets, sponsor donors, and resource stewardship.
- Will be responsible for raising half of the financial support needed for their base salary and benefits.
- Will participate in bimonthly meetings with the local Advisory Council and learn to develop and implement an agenda.
- Help plan and participate in special ministry events including a Fall Banquet and a Marriage Retreat.
- Occasional travel to conferences is required (e.g., staff meetings at the national office in TN).
- This internship is flexible in hours per week (between 30-40), and we require a commitment of one full year starting July 1 and ending June 30 of the following year.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and an exemplary Christian witness.
- Endorsement of CMDA’s Leadership Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Can be either male or female.
- Exceptional people skills including strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to clearly communicate the gospel and able to teach and disciple in a small group setting.
- Teachable spirit and interested in learning about healthcare missions. A self-starter who is comfortable initiating relationships with medical and dental students
- The ideal candidate will possess a variety of skills and be adaptable because no two days are alike.
- The candidate must be able to relate to multiple age groups from young adults to retirees.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Previous parachurch or campus ministry experience.
- Graduate/seminary degree.
- Working knowledge of medical and dental healthcare fields helpful but not required.
- Computer proficiency including social media.
Directly Responsible To:
San Antonio CMDA Area Co-Directors o Scott Phillips, MDiv
Mitzi Roberts, MACE
San Antonio CMDA Area Advisory Council
Christian Medical & Dental Associations (San Antonio, TX)
Contact Name & Contact Info
San Antonio, TX
Description of Organization
CMDA provides resources, networking opportunities, education and a public voice for Christian healthcare professionals and students.
Founded in 1931, CMDA provides programs and services supporting its mission to "change hearts in healthcare" with a current membership of around 19,000 healthcare professionals. CMDA promotes positions and addresses policies on healthcare issues; conducts overseas medical education and evangelism projects; coordinates a network of Christian healthcare professionals for fellowship and professional growth; sponsors student ministries in medical dental, PA, and other healthcare training schools; distributes educational and inspirational resources; hosts marriage and family conferences; provides developing world missionary healthcare professionals with continuing education resources; and conducts academic exchange programs overseas. By being the "hands of Jesus" to needy people, CMDA seeks to fulfill His Great Commandment (Matthew 22:39; 25:36) and His Great Commission (Matthew 28:19).
The Christian Medical & Dental Associations® is a 501(c)3 and is governed by a Board of Trustees and House of Delegates. Policies of CMDA are interpreted and applied by the Board of Trustees, which also establishes the guidelines for the executive director and his staff. An elected House of Delegates assists the board with recommendations on courses of action. The House of Delegates is composed of graduate, student, resident and missionary members who are elected for three-year terms by district and meets annually at the CMDA National Convention. Approximately 75 employees currently make up the staff of CMDA in the national office and U.S. field offices.Apply Online Contact Via Email