Iglesia de Jesucristo en Mayaguez Terrace seeks a qualified male candidate to develop a community evangelistic/outreach program in the community the church is located and its vicinity. The position is a six-month internship.
- Meet the requirements of a servant leader (I Timothy 3: 1-13)
- Male Seminary student or equivalent theological training; MDiv. or en route to completion by 2021 preferred.
- Eagerness and ability to share Christ.
- Ability to preach and communicate in Spanish.
- A commitment to the Reformed Faith as expressed in the Westminster Standards.
- A commitment to the ordinary means of grace for personal growth and as a priority in ministry (Word of God, sacraments, prayer).
- US citizen
- Develop and implement an evangelistic/outreach program in the community the church is located and its vicinity.
- Act as additional pastoral staff to the host church: expository preaching, teaching, and pastoral care.
- Weekly participation in the worship and prayer services of the host church.
- Attend staff meetings at the host church.
- Train men to act as elders and deacons in the host church.
- Organize an additional worship service/Bible study service in the host church.
- Participate in the host church’s radio program.
- Ability to play an instrument and/or sing.
$0-$12k stipend (including housing in the community the church is located).
Airfare travel between the continental US and PR and back to the continental US.
Send Resumé with Cover Letter, two letters of recommendation from your home pastor and a seminary professor, and two video files of the candidate preaching and teaching in Spanish to Evaluz Cotto, firstname.lastname@example.org
Iglesia de Jesucristo en Mayaguez Terrace
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Iglesia de Jesucristo en Mayaguez Terrace was established over 40 years ago in the vicinity of the University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez Campus (Puerto Rico’s premier scientific-educational institution). Changes in demographics and the transitory nature of college students’ attendance have made the development of a steady membership a challenge.Contact Via Email