This is a general Pastoral Internship designed to offer well-rounded exposure to vocational ministry in the local church context. Opportunities and responsibilities include:
- Preaching & Teaching – Preaching a minimum of six sermons, with at least three being in consecutive weeks. Various teaching opportunities with Sunday morning classes and small group Bible studies will also be part of this program.
- Pastoral – Includes home and hospital visits with the pastor, as well as weekly meetings to discuss spiritual formation, philosophy of ministry, sermon preparation, and other topics.
- Leading in Worship – Each week the intern will participate in leading some aspect of the worship service on Sunday.
- Mission & Evangelism – The intern will have the opportunity to participate in local, regional, and global mission work, with a special emphasis on Church Planting.
- Children and Youth – The intern will be exposed to all aspects of children’s and youth ministry, including curriculum planning, teaching, VBS, and other events.
- Administration & Leadership – The intern will attend (and at times lead) session meetings, staff meetings, and committee meetings.
Candidates must be enrolled (or recently graduated) in an accredited seminary, pursuing an MDiv degree or equivalent.
River City Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC)
Description of Organization
River City Church is a missional, reformed, evangelical, and Presbyterian congregation located in Debary, FL, and is part of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.Apply Online Contact Via Email