This position exists to develop pastoral talent with an emphasis on meeting current ministry needs at McLean Presbyterian Church (MPC), its sites, and church planting. Interns report to an assigned ministry director. The intern program is designed to be a multi-year program rotating among three major ministry areas: worship, community, and missions. The goal is for the intern to complete the Master of Divinity at Reformed Theological Seminary’s DC Campus (M.A.B.S. plus languages is also an option and ordainable in our Presbytery) while serving in our church in 3 years. The initial position is one year and renewable.
In the first year, this Pastoral Intern will primarily serve in one major ministry area, for example in worship (community, or missions): assisting with planning, preparing, hosting, leading and weekly sermon prep, working directly under the Director of Worship and Senior Pastor. Other regular experiences include attendance at conferences, church retreats, staff training, and denominational meetings as well as one-on-one mentorship with pastoral staff.
Subsequent years will be designed to address specific growth areas in the intern as well as meeting the needs of the church with the goal of rotating the intern through worship, community, and missions.
This position begins summer 2022 and is a full-time internship in conjunction with classes each semester (plus optional winter/summer terms) at RTS DC (tuition covered in full). Salary is in accordance with established McLean Presbyterian Church compensation policy.
Potential Start Date: July 1, 2022
- Applicants will be asked to submit resume
- Applicants will be asked to supply at least three references
- Applicants must be able to pass a police background check
- Applicants will be asked to submit to interview process consisting of interviews with our leadership team
Please submit a resume including references and a cover letter including your testimony to Pastor of Community, Nathan Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org and Senior Pastoral Intern, Joe Palekas (email@example.com) by January 20, 2022.
- Sinner saved by grace; vibrant, growing, spirit-empowered relationship with God through Jesus Christ
- Exemplary life as delineated in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Passionate about the vision and grace-driven philosophy of MPC
- Agreement with and excitement about the basic principles of Reformed theology.
- Embody and multiply our church culture: a) Focus – We don’t take ourselves too seriously; we do take Jesus and the work he’s given us seriously; b) Family – We love our church family – and we want to love each other well; c) Fun – God rules and reigns so we can enjoy the ride
- Humble and teachable leader that is committed to serving others
- Demonstrated leadership potential, effective people skills, and ability to gather people
- Interest in pursuing ministry as vocation with gifts/interests in preaching and evangelism
McLean Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
McLean Presbyterian is part of the Capital Pres Family: one church with multiple locations. We exist to glorify and enjoy God by making disciples who make a difference through grace-filled worship, community, and missions.
Our aim is to make disciples through three ministry areas: worship, community, and missions. While activity in each area does not equal discipleship, we are confident that these are the contexts needed for deep spiritual growth. In these contexts, we navigate the nuances of life in Christ together, and that’s how we make disciples.Contact Via Email