Pastoral Intern for Youth and Children’s Ministries
Purpose of Position:
- To build strong ethnically diverse youth and children ministries in the community which bring glory to God and build up His church;
- To prepare NCF youth and children to be the church of today and leaders in Christ’s church tomorrow;
- To train and mentor youth to defend their faith;
- To provide a pastor for NCF youth and children who will shepherd to their needs;
- To oversee the NCF Children’s Ministry;
- To encourage and build relationships with parents as they fulfill the primary responsibility for spiritual teaching and upbringing of their children.
- Visit, counsel and build relationships with youth, children and their parents in the church;
- Reach out to youth and children of diverse races in the community;
- Motivate youth and children to minister to others inside and outside the church;
- Train NCF youth and children to understand and apply the Word of God in their own lives;
- Develop leadership skills in NCF youth;
- Build youth and children ministries which youth get involved in mercy, evangelism, missions, and discipleship;
- Build & oversee teams for Nursery, Sunday school (ages 4-13), Kids Worship (ages 4-8), Vacation Bible School (VBS); and Pioneer Club while running the youth ministry grades 7-12;
- Communicate with the church and parents concerning special event, needs, changes, etc.;
- Occasionally preach and teach adult Sunday school to include youth grades 7-12;
- Pastoral Intern of Youth and Children Ministries reports to the Pastor on a continual basis and to the Session of NCF as needed.
- Seminary training or presently receiving or seeking seminary training;
- A deep commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and the building up of His church;
- A love for youth and children and gifts to minister to both;
- A gift and call to bring youth and children of different races into the church;
- An ability to motivate youth and children in mercy, evangelism, missions, and worship activities so these ministries are balanced with teaching, social activities, and outreach;
- An ability to teach the Word of God in a way applicable to youth and children;
- A gift in building relationships with youth and children;
- A gift in building a team of volunteers to help run these ministries;
- A teachable spirit that is submissive to authority and a good example to youth and children;
- An ability to organize outreach events which draw youth and children from the community.
Seminary Training: We are willing to help with seminary costs of up to one-third of the cost per credit hour. We are near RTS Washington and other distance learning options in the mid-Atlantic region and invite seminarians or prospective seminarians to apply!
New City Fellowship
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Planted in 1994 with a cross-cultural vision and mission, New City Fellowship has grown from 12 family units meeting in the upstairs area of a music store to over 200 communing members meeting regularly in their own building today. God has been faithful over all these years as He has grown us and shaped us into who we are today as a local body of His people, reaching out to our community in evangelism and reaching in among our members in discipleship.
As first expressed at its founding 25 years ago, New City Fellowship remains faithful to its call to see all peoples and communities reconciled to God and to one another through Jesus Christ, as laid out in our Vision, Mission, and Values. We are committed to these in all ministry areas and seeking to remain faithful to the call of God to our congregation. As we look for a pastoral intern to lead our youth and children’s ministries, we hope to find someone who is committed to these values and will seek to implement them in these ministries as we seek to raise the next generation.
Ambassadors of Reconciliation for Jesus Christ to All Ethnicities
As followers of Jesus Christ, New City Fellowship of Fredericksburg is a worshipping family intentionally seeking to make disciples from every nation, tribe, people, and language reflecting the grace, mercy and justice of God in our communities, our nation and our world.Contact Via Email