Pastoral Assistant Of Youth and Children
The Pastoral Assistant of Youth & Children exists to assist the pastors in shepherding our children & youth toward becoming faithful and mature followers of Jesus Christ. This is a full-time, salaried position that will work under the leadership of the elders to disciple our children, youth, and volunteers toward maturity while also creating a healthy culture of discipleship in our youth and children’s ministries.
The Pastoral Assistant of Youth & Children will create a culture of discipleship in our youth and children’s programs by:
- Equipping our youth & children’s volunteers to handle the gospel well
- Building relationships with and engaging in the lives of our youth and communicating with their parents to help provide a cohesive discipleship culture.
- Lead, teach, and train our youth group in how to rightly read and study God’s Word.
- Help pick curriculum, train volunteers, and create key discipleship benchmarks for our children’s ministry.
- The PA will assist the other staff pastors in any tech, administrative, or communication tasks as needed.
- The PA will assist the Elders as needed in all areas of pastoral ministry including preaching/teaching, hospital and crisis visitation, ministry oversight, discipleship, outreach, etc.
- The PA will observe all regular Elder’s meetings and represent the pastors in any church meeting as needed
Desired Qualities and Characteristics:
- A clear testimony of faith and evidence of a personal walk with Jesus
- A mature faith and a humble/teachable spirit
- The ability to teach God’s Word well and aspires to pastoral ministry
- A desire to engage students in personal discipling relationships
- Either pursuing or have received a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited Bible College or Seminary.
- Someone who is eager to GROW – Personally, pastorally, and professionally.
- Experience leading and discipling youth preferred, but not required.
- A heart or interest in church revitalization is preferred, but not required.
Lakeside Baptist Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Southern Baptist Convention (SBC)
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Description of Organization
Lakeside Baptist Church is an SBC Church affiliated with the Pillar Network. We are a church revitalization that has experienced great strides toward overall health over the past several years. As our ministry needs grow, and our current Associate Pastor (an RTS grad) seeks a Lead Pastorate role, we are looking to add to our ministry team.Contact Via Email