DINUBA PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
TITLE: PASTOR (SOLO)
The Pastor will:
- Provide spiritual, pastoral and administrative leadership for the congregation within the framework of church polity.
- Work in conjunction with the Session as a whole in keeping with the stated purpose, mission, and vision of the Dinuba Presbyterian Church (DPC).
- Help the congregation fulfill its mission and purpose by providing primary leadership in the areas of preaching, teaching, worship, prayer, and pastoral care.
- Be expected to exercise spiritual discipline and be a faithful witness to Jesus Christ showing clear commitment to His Lordship.
The Pastor is called by the congregation of the DPC. This person is accountable to the Session and reports through Session to the congregation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Preaching, Teaching, Prayer and Worship (40-50%)
- Be responsible for the overall tenor of worship, and be the primary preacher at Sunday morning worship (approximately 42-46 sermons/year)
- Work in collaboration with the Worship Committee of Session.
- Preach dynamic, Biblically and theologically sound sermons.
- Relate Biblical text to contemporary situations.
- Provide instruction and educational experiences to increase theological and Biblical awareness.
- Lead the celebration of the Sacraments of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- Conduct weddings and funerals.
- Undergird all work with prayer.
- Make hospital, home, and office visits, and provide counseling as needed.
- Become acquainted with all church members, attendants, visitors, and inquirers.
- Help members get to know each other and have the opportunity to love and support one another in response to God’s call upon their lives.
Leading & Administrative (10-20%)
- Moderate meetings of the Session and the congregation.
- Act as head of church staff, delegating tasks as necessary, and giving attention to the personal and spiritual well-being of each staff member as outlined in the DPC Personnel Policy.
- Provide guidance to the staff and Session in the development of ministry.
- Clearly communicate vision to church leaders and the congregation.
- Encourage all members to discover their gifts and talents and use them to build up and strengthen the body of Christ in love and unity.
- Foster a healthy spirit of interaction, cooperation, support, and love among the members of the church staff and the Session.
- Work with Session members, deacons, and other leaders to enable them to fulfill duties and goals.
- Lead and inspire the Session and congregation to recruit, motivate, and train youth and adult leaders.
- Provide guidance for planned activities and services.
- Work with the Finance Committee with respect to stewardship development.
- Serve as liaison with Session and church ministry.
Outreach and Evangelism (10-15%)
- Invest time as an active member of the greater community.
- Equip and empower membership for evangelism through practical teaching and example.
Personal and Professional
- Engages in regular study beyond that of sermon and teaching preparation.
- Is constant in prayer and open to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Maintains an active prayer/devotional/study life.
- Has a passionate relationship with God that drives all other aspects of their life.
- Attends a conference or seminar each year to develop professional and/or theological skills.
- Seeks regular evaluation of their preaching.
- Ensures significant time for family life and maintains personal health and wellbeing.
Other Responsibilities (2-5%)
- Actively attend to responsibilities and duties of the Presbytery of Northern California and Nevada as part of A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO).
- Present annual report.
- Participate in the Dinuba Ministerial Association.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by Session.
Performance reviews and the adequacy of compensation shall be conducted annually by the Session.
This position description may be changed with the agreement of the Pastor and Session.
The congregation is seeking a candidate with a Master of Divinity degree; competence in (1) Preaching/Teaching, (2) Leadership/Administration, and (3) Pastoral Care; and membership in the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO) denomination OR willingness to be ordained in and to affirm the Essential Tenets of ECO.
Dinuba Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - Other
Description of Organization
Our congregation is composed of a loving, caring group of believers who love the Lord. We are sincere Christians who feel called by God to serve and worship Him, and express this through a blended form of worship and a call to obedience and service. Our people love to sing and participate enthusiastically. DPC currently has 100 covenant partners, including a strong core of very faithful attendees. The average worship attendance varies seasonally from 50 to 100. The children’s church and nursery has approximately ten attendees each week, and the average adult Sunday school attendance varies from 20 to 32. Our women’s, men’s, and Sunday morning Bible studies are well attended. Like many churches across the US, our church has suffered losses in both attendance and vitality as the congregants have aged.Apply Online Contact Via Email