Pastor or Director of Youth and Worship
This is a Pastoral position with two primary areas of emphasis- gospel ministry to students and leading corporate worship. This position also provides opportunities for preaching, general pastoral ministry, and being mentored by senior pastor who has experience in church planting, biblical counseling, and missions. This position pays a generous salary and benefits at the assistant pastor level. The following is a description of the major components:
Youth Ministry. Crosswater seeks a Youth Director who will faithfully teach and model the Gospel in a way that helps students know God’s saving grace through Christ and embrace their identity as beloved children of God. At the same time, we hope to build a community concerned for the least and the lost, who will welcome those who have not grown up in the church.
Worship. The worship leader selects music and leads music teams in a style of worship that seeks to combine the best elements from our Reformed tradition as well as the best music and lyrics produced today. He must be a gifted lead-singer, and proficient in piano or guitar.
- Committed follower of Jesus, willing and able to undertake membership vows at Crosswater if not currently ordained as a PCA pastor.
- Committed to the Reformed faith and the PCA standards.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Seminary degree (M. Div) preferred.
- Gifted at lead-singing, with a warm, friendly stage presence. Proficiency in piano preferred; however, proficiency in guitar with basic understanding of piano and how to incorporate keyboard will be strongly considered.
- Experience in serving in youth ministry; leading worship
- Ability to organize multiple areas of ministry.
- Ability to work effectively with pastors, staff, and elders.
- Ability to recruit and support volunteer leaders.
Crosswater Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Crosswater Presbyterian Church is congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) that was planted in 2012. We are a church of about 125 members located in the Western Branch community of Chesapeake, Virginia. Our area is experiencing growth from new development in the immediate and adjoining communities, particularly the northern Suffolk region. Crosswater has a heart for discipling our members to grow in Christ, who will in turn disciple others to love and follow our Savior. We are currently seeking a Pastor or Director of Youth and Worship. This is a full-time position that will help us (1) cultivate worship services that lead our congregation in seeing and savoring the greatness of God, and (2) teach and model the gospel of grace to students in alignment with our mission and values.Apply Online Contact Via Email