Pastor or Director of Student Ministries
First Presbyterian Church (FPC) is looking for a Pastor or Director of Student Ministries (DSM) who will, in partnership with parents and families, lead students, grades 7 through 12, into a growing relationship with Christ and in becoming faithful, fruitful followers of Christ. Both ordained and non-ordained applicants will be considered. The Director of Student Ministries directly supervises the Assistant Directors and provides oversight to ministry volunteers. The DSM reports directly to the Pastor of Family Ministry, with accountability to the SM Council, Pastoral Staff, and Session. This is a full time salaried position. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Overseeing, developing, and implementing comprehensive Student Ministries for students grades 7-12
- Ministering first to students within the congregation, while also endeavoring to reach students who are not members • Teaching the Bible faithfully in a way that is compelling for students
- Presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ through instructional and relational ministry
- Demonstrating commitment to being with students in their school or other environments outside of church
- Developing strategies to involve students in the whole life of FPC
- Demonstrating the ability to partner with students’ parents, to collaborate respectfully with FPC colleagues, and to work effectively within the FPC Ministry Team paradigm
- Training, developing, and supervising the staff of Student Ministries
- Encouraging professional and spiritual growth of the staff of Student Ministries
- Recruiting and training student leaders who will take leadership roles in mentoring other students, or in assisting with Children’s Ministry programs
- Ensuring compliance of all Student Ministries staff and volunteers with the FPC Safe Ministry Policy
- Implementing a SM mission and vision that is consistent with the mission and vision of FPC and that contributes to the overall health and vitality of the church
- Planning for and ensuring effective staffing and reasonable adult-to-student ratios for SM programs and events
- Providing oversight of the SM budget by managing general operating costs in a manner consistent with FPC financial policies and procedures
- Working collaboratively with the SM Council and the Pastor of Family Ministry
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
Biblically and theologically trained
Candidate must be Reformed and Gospel-centered possessing a clear calling to serve Christ in the local church. Candidate possesses a passion for Christ and His Gospel, a love for student ministry, a humble spirit, and a vibrant prayer and devotional life.
Candidate possesses previous experience as a role model, leader, teacher, or mentor of students in a Christian environment. Candidate possesses demonstrated ability to lead and train ministry staff, volunteers, and interns.
Candidate is relationship-oriented, exhibits a high degree of personal integrity, demonstrates sound judgment and maturity.
First Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC)
Description of Organization
By God's grace alone and to His glory alone, the First Presbyterian Church of Rome exists to worship God in His greatness and holiness with Gospel-driven passion and integrity, to know Jesus Christ in his fullness, to be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit, and to be united together as a community of faith.Contact Via Email