Pastor or Director of English/Youth Ministries
Basic Purpose: This position is to provide the overall direction and operation of the English/youth ministries, and support the overall ministry of the church to achieve the vision of the church.
Scope and Accountability: The pastor/director of English/youth ministries will be responsible for the overall English/youth ministries of the church, and will report to the Elder Board (or, at present, to the deacon board as there is no elder board), and be a liaison with the Pastor of church and the Deaconry. The pastor will participate in the monthly Deaconry meeting with voting power.
Principal Job Activities: Current areas of ministry may include, but are not limited to:
- Shepherding and caring for youth ministry members: coordinating the weekly Sunday English/youth worship service, education program, including Sunday schools, and other special church-wide activities. Preaching, teaching, caring, and nurturing their spiritual well-being, and building godly relationships with them. Regular visitation required.
- Coordinating and planning youth fellowship meetings, short-term mission trips, and youth activities.
- Teaching the discipleship class for the newly baptized.
- Working closely with the other pastors, elders and other church leaders to establish the short and long term vision and curriculum of English/youth ministry.
- Participating in the monthly deaconry meeting and planning the yearly budget of the English/youth ministry.
- Being a liaison between the youths and their parents, and if needed, be a counselor for issues involving youths.
- Potentially expanding the ministry to include older English-speaking adults.
The candidate for position is to:
- Be faithful to the Word of God and to Biblical teaching, showing a genuine Christian life.
- Subscribe to the statement of faith of China Grace Christian Church.
- Continue to grow in the understanding of the Word of God, with an active, on-going study and reading.
- Have a genuine passion for the spiritual growth of youths.
- Communicate in English effectively; knowledge of Chinese is a plus.
- Have excellent communications skill, both written and oral.
- Build and sustain healthy inter-personal relationships.
- Have an active prayer life, be a prayer role model for youths.
- Have adequate seminary education, M.A.R. degree or above is preferred, or be in pursuit of such a degree.
- Have a passion for gospel evangelizing, to challenge unbelievers to turn to Christ, and to challenge believers to conform to Christ in knowledge and in action.
- Have a teachable heart and a team spirit.
China Grace Christian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Blue Bell, PA
Description of Organization
China Grace Christian Church (CGCC), located in a northern suburb of Philadelphia, is a mission-minded church. The Church was founded in February 1998, and was then known as the Chelten Church Chinese Congregation. In January 2005, the church became financially independent and in November 2005, changed its name to China Grace Christian Church. On July 1, 2006, CGCC moved to new premises, renting the old church building of Bethlehem Baptist Church. By God’s grace, the church bought over the premises in January of 2015. CGCC core value and beliefs are within the evangelical, Reformed theological tradition, and reflected in confessions such as the Westminster Standards of Faith, the Heidelberg Catechism, and the Baptist Confession of Faith. As a church that gathers to worship the true and living God, its mission is to lead believers as a church to reach out to the surrounding Chinese communities spreading the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and serving them with the love of God.
The Chinese congregation is mostly composed of families and working professionals, while the English Congregation is mainly comprised of youths in middle school and high school. With over 30 teenagers who come regularly to Sunday services and youth activities, we are looking for someone who will pray alongside of us in growing the faith of these young souls and who is gifted and equipped to lead and model strong Christian values.Contact Via Email