Pastor of Worship & Spiritual Formation
Position Summary: The Assistant Pastor of Worship and Spiritual Formation (or Assistant to the Pastor and Worship Director until ordained) is a multi-tasked full-time position. As the Pastor of Worship, the person is to lead worship and coordinate volunteers leading/serving in the worship services at Cornerstone. As the Pastor of Spiritual Formation, the person is to coordinate, train and develop Community Group leaders. This position reports directly to the lead pastor. Job duties are approximately 50 hours per week including Sunday mornings. Following are the job responsibilities and requirements:
WORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES (40% of time)
• Sunday Worship: Oversee, plan, coordinate, and lead Cornerstone’s Sunday morning worship.
• Development and discipleship of worship team members.
• Special Services: Plan and coordinate special services.
• Music Equipment: Manage all Cornerstone music and sound equipment, including care,
maintenance, repair, and replacement.
• Communication: Coordinate with the Administrator re the weekly design and production of
Cornerstone’s worship bulletin.
• Space Jurisdiction: Sanctuary (including its aesthetic and hospitality).
• Collaboration: Meet with the Senior Pastor at least monthly to discuss, overview and create
worship service ideas and plans.
COMMUNITY GROUP RESPONSIBILITIES (40% of time)
• Lead a Community Group.
• Be available to meet with Community Groups to shepherd them and pray with them.
• Train, develop, and shepherd each Community Group leader as to the vision and ministry plan.
• Plan and host an annual Community Group leaders training event.
• Recruit leaders for the Community Group ministry.
• Strategize to start new Community Group locations.
GENERAL PASTORAL MINISTRY (20% of time)
• Preaching (8-10 times a year at Cornerstone; 2-3 times as pulpit supply elsewhere).
• Pastoral care for the lonely, the hurting, the depressed and others in need.
• Assisting with the last minute and unknowns of ministry as they occur.
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Attend and participate in Session meetings.
• Attend and participate in presbytery.
• Email, communication, helping with miscellaneous duties as needs arise.
Personal Profile: The following are desired in candidates seeking the position:
• Grasp of the Gospel: understand what it means to be a broken sinner loved by God.
• Passion: desire for God and for people to know and experience Him.
• Humble: teachable, willing to try and even fail, learns from others.
• Musically gifted: skilled in worship leadership and music.
• Leadership: able to lead, organize, and manage teams.
• Collaborative: able to work well with existing teams and recruit new people to teams.
• Efficiency: able to prioritize tasks and complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Unity with church: able to support the church officers and their vision.
• Ordained (or soon to be ordained) in the PCA: please note that this is required.
• Technological familiarity with Planning Center, ProPresenter, G-Suite and Apple software.
Cornerstone Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Overview of Cornerstone Church: Cornerstone is a gospel-centered, Bible teaching, relationally driven, reformed church located in Delafield, WI. We are member to the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). Our mission statement is “Renewed by the gospel to serve one another and love Waukesha County.” Our desire is that all people find renewing life through Jesus Christ and in turn they are empowered to serve others and love the community that God has placed them in. Cornerstone fosters a growing spiritual intimacy through Bible studies, community groups, youth group and other gatherings. Cornerstone was started over twenty-five years ago. This past September, Cornerstone called a new lead pastor, after the founding pastor transitioned to a national ministry. Cornerstone helped start two new churches in Milwaukee and now is planting a new church in Oconomowoc. Cornerstone has one service with an average weekly attendance of 175 people (both in person and online during this season of COVID). Staff currently includes the lead pastor, church administrator, women’s ministry director and a church planting apprentice (who soon will be the Assistant Pastor of Outreach and Christian Education). One may find out more about Cornerstone at www.cornerstone-pca.com.
Our Community: Delafield is central in “Lake Country” or the western suburban area of Milwaukee. The area is characterized by beautiful lakes, rolling hills of what is called the Kettle Moraine (a glacial outwash area), and friendly communities. Delafield is located in Waukesha county – the thirdmost populous county in Wisconsin.
Our Worship: Cornerstone strives to craft a gospel-centered worship service. Our liturgy is a mix of scripture reading, singing, prayer, preaching, and celebration of the sacraments. Our music style seeks to incorporate the best of all ages – including hymns, contemporized hymns and contemporary Christian worship music. Cornerstone enjoys a diverse group of lay musicians that play a variety of instruments.Apply Online Contact Via Email