Pastor of Mission and Formation (Assistant Pastor)
The Pastor of Mission and Formation will lead Midtown to serve God, love our neighbors, and be a blessing in our community. This position will equip, disciple, and grow our congregation in the gospel and leaders for ministry. He will also coordinate ministry teams and serve on Sunday mornings to help create meaningful engagement with the church and with the Lord. Serve on the preaching team.
- Lead Midtown’s efforts to love neighbors and bless our community.
- Equip and prepare individuals/members for mission and service
- Create, develop and execute community outreach strategies to reach and bless our neighbors
Formation & Equipping:
- Create a leadership development culture that includes learning, equipping, and spiritual growth
- Help leaders develop a plan to grow their ministry, reach their target audience, and align with the mission of Midtown Church.
- Midtown Ministries: Resource, recruit, and train leaders.
- Regularly teach in the ministries
- Assist in the development, teaching, and leading of officer training
- Assist in organizing and teaching the new member’s classes, workshops, and seminars
- Create opportunities for volunteers to identify and develop their spiritual gifts
Worship & Liturgy:
- Assist Sr Pastor to create an excellent worship experience from beginning to end
- Lead the coordination of all Sunday morning responsibilities related to the worship service
- Serve on the preaching and teaching team (including prayer, call to worship)
Shepherding & Counseling:
- Partner with Sr Pastor, staff, and Session in leading, caring, and implementing shepherding strategies for church members
- Develop Midtown’s strategy for a counseling ministry
Qualifications: Must demonstrate a life of sacrifice, service, and humility. Growing & mature Christian (exhibits the fruit of the Spirit), stable marriage & leader of family (if applicable). M.Div. or equivalent. Ordained or ordainable within in the PCA.
Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, Evangelism, Preaching/Teaching, Shepherding
Passion for: Kingdom expansion (e.g., community outreach, church planting), the lost, personal and corporate formation (i.e., learning, teaching, equipping, discipling), expository preaching, and the Reformed faith.
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
People: Membership: 124; Staff: 5
Mission: We worship God, proclaim the gospel, and make disciples
Values: Love (for God and neighbor), Learn (to follow Jesus), Labor (practicing the way of the Kingdom)
Practices: Worship, Proclamation, Community, Prayer, and Service (Acts 2:42-47)Apply Online Contact Via Email