Preaching and Conduct of Worship
- Preach dynamic, expository messages based on the Bible with strong application to daily life. Develop a preaching plan to ensure consistency and high quality of sermons and worship services.
- Provide leadership in worship services, work with the Worship committee to ensure the services run smoothly
- Administer the sacraments in partnership with the elders, deacons and other church staff
- To take the lead in the Prayer ministry together with other pastors
- Provide leadership in pastoral care for the needs of the congregation in partnership with the elders, deacons and church staff
- This includes visitations, counselling and prayers and others
- Work with the Session/leadership team and various ministry leaders to provide spiritual oversights to fulfill the vision and mission of the church
- Assist the Session and leadership groups in defining strategic goals and plans for various ministries in the church. Support, promote and encourage the ministries.
- The pastor’s primary focus is God and his word. The Pastor is also accountable to the Session and to the members of St Andrews Presbyterian Church.
Evangelism and Discipleship
- Build disciples of Christ and equipping the church for various works of ministry
- Identifying the gaps and needs in the congregation, working on filling and developing the needs systematically
- Work with the leadership team in setting direction and developing missions and outreach programs based on the mission and vision of the church.
- Minimum of 7 years experience as a full-time Pastor
- Relevant biblical degree
- Strong sense of God’s calling
- Ordained in a reformed tradition, preferably Presbyterian
- Fluent in English and has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to lead a multi-cultural congregation, understand diverse communities, able to work with groups of all ages and able to shepherd them
- Commitment to expository preaching, biblical teaching and pastoral counselling
- Able to be actively involved in leading the congregation to grow in faith and live out the faith daily
- An energetic team player with the ability to demonstrate initiative and resilience
- Able to build community and fellowship, developing trust, collaboration and mutual respect
- Has a close personal relationship with God, will maintain and enhance knowledge, skills and abilities for the work through continuous learning
St Andrews Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - Other
Kuala Lumpur, IN
Description of Organization
St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church is the home to a culturally rich and a vibrant congregation with local and expatriate communities. The church celebrated 100 years of God’s faithfulness in 2017 and has approximately 300 worshippers attending two Sunday worship services. The key ministries of the church include the Sunday School, Home Fellowship, Women’s Fellowship, Adult Christian Education, Mission and Church Outreach. For more information, go to www.standrewschurch.org.my or www.facebook.com/standrewspresbyterianchurch.
Our Vision: To become a biblically grounded, Christian centred community, united in love and using our gifts for the building up of the Church in Kuala Lumpur and throughout the world.
Our Mission: Make, nurture and equip disciples of Jesus Christ from the International, English speaking people in Kuala Lumpur.Apply Online Contact Via Email