- The person called to this position will be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to grow in their relationship with Christ and with Christ’s people, the church.
- The person called to this position shall have attained a Seminary degree of Master of Divinity or equivalent from an accredited seminary approved by the Evangelical Presbyterian Church Rivers and Lakes Presbytery.
- The Pastor is responsible for providing a balanced ministry of preaching, teaching, pastoral care, and organizational leadership to enable the church to grow in spiritual vitality.
Our goal as a church is to glorify God by:
- Ministering out of the Gospel
- Growing in gospel obedience
- Living as a gospel community
- Pursuing gospel mission
Toward this end our Pastor will:
- Provide biblically based preaching and teaching.
- Provide a teaching ministry that will lead to the spiritual growth of the congregation, calling us to love our neighbors and communities.
- Lead the session in discerning God’s call for this church which will then cast the vision for ministry and service God is calling us to at this time in this place.
- Lead the session and congregation in the development and implementation of activities: recruiting, motivating, and training youth and adult leadership, enabling us to fulfill God’s call.
- The Pastor will be responsible to the Session.
- In addition to Sunday Worship, the Pastor is expected to keep regular Church office hours Monday – Friday with one day reserved as a day off.
- Salary, housing and benefits:
According to Terms of Call – Compensation; Mandated Benefits; Accountable Plan Expenses.
- The person called to serve as Pastor of Kishwaukee Community EPC, will be reviewed and examined for ordination in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church by the Ministerial Committee of the Rivers and Lakes Presbytery according to the EPC Book of Order.
The Pastor Search Committee at Kishwaukee is requesting all applicants interested in exploring if God is leading them to serve as Pastor of Kishwaukee Community EPC to please carefully review the Church Summary along with the Church Information Form (CIF) and Position Description document as together these provide a comprehensive view of who we are as a church body and community. These documents will be provided upon request.
If, after prayerful consideration, you are led to pursue this opportunity to shepherd the Kishwaukee Congregation, please submit the following items for our review and consideration to:
Pastor Search Committee – Kishwaukee Community EPC
Gary Miles – Chair
Kishwaukee Community EPC
8195 Kishwaukee Rd, Stillman Valley, IL 61084
- Your Personal Information Form (PIF) [PDF format]
- Resume [PDF format]
- Sample Sermon – a video of an actual service message is preferred (audio acceptable). Please provide on-line link or downloadable electronic file.
- In addition, please provide a concise written response to each of the following:
- What specifically has drawn your interest to this position?
- Describe how you view your role as pastor within a church and community.
- Describe your philosophy on worship?
- What are some rhythms in your life that help you continue your spiritual growth?
This will initiate the process to discern if God is calling the candidate to Kishwaukee Community EPC as our next Pastor. Thank you for your sincere interest in serving as Kishwaukee’s next Pastor. If you have any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please contact the Pastor Search Committee via email at the above address.
Search Committee Process:
Seminary degree of Master of Divinity or equivalent from an accredited seminary approved by the Evangelical Presbyterian Church Rivers and Lakes Presbytery.
Equivalency includes formal course of study shall include Old and New Testament Survey, Old Testament Exegesis, New Testament Exegesis, Church History (with an emphasis on the Reformation), Apologetics, Leadership, Preaching, Evangelism, Missiology, Discipleship/Disciple-making, Pastoral Care and Counseling, and Ethics, plus three courses in systematic theology (equivalent nine semester-hours). In addition, competency in Reformed Theology as expressed in the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms as well as an exegesis of Scripture in Greek or Hebrew shall be demonstrated through a standardized ordination exam governed by the Ministerial Committee of the EPC Rivers and Lakes Presbytery.
Kishwaukee Community Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC)
Stillman Valley, IL
Description of Organization
Kishwaukee Church is a part of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC), a denomination with roots in the Reformation. Our full theological statement is in the Westminster Confession and Catechisms.
We believe our lives as Christians should focus on what unites us. The center of our ministry is not our theological distinctives but the core truths of the gospel. It is the gospel of Jesus Christ that unites us and that we ask our members to believe.
Our vision is that we would be living to glorify God by…
Finding new life in the gospel of Jesus
Learning to live rooted in grace
Being renewed in our life together
Working to bring life to the world