Paid Pastoral Internship
The Elm’s pastoral internship is a part-time training platform for those called to gospel ministry in Queens, NY–one of the most ethnically diverse counties in the U.S. With regular and personal mentorship from Elm’s pastors, and support from our team, interns will work on three key areas of ministry: community groups, Sunday gatherings, and our city-positive initiatives. This internship develops ministry skills, organizational leadership, and relationships with local churches, non-profits, and community-based organizations. The internship may lead to a permanent pastoral position at The Elm.
- Community Groups (4 hrs) : Preparing studies, gathering participants, and guiding community group discussions. Assist with following up with attendees
- Sunday Gatherings (5-8 hrs) : Assist with new attendee integration every Sunday. Assist with worship (e.g., congregational prayer, leading worship, announcements) Preaching once every three months. Assist staff and team with additional Sunday preparations, when necessary.
- City-Positive Initiatives (4 hrs) : Assist with the development and implementation of city-positive initiatives in Elmhurst. Gather, prepare, and follow up with volunteers.
- Attend team meetings, which are held every other week on Wednesday nights (2 hrs)
- The intern must be a Christian, who is a member in good standing at his/her current church.
- The intern must have completed at least half of his/her masters degree at an accredited seminary.
- The intern must embrace the beliefs, values, and purpose of Elm Church.
- Must be friendly, energetic, an agile learner, demonstrating strong communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Experience living or ministering in Queens NY is strongly preferred.
- Musically gifted and capable of assisting with praise preferred.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed Application, Resume, and Seminary Transcript
- Letters of Recommendation:
○ From a pastor of the church you now attend, and are now a member of, confirming your calling to the ministry and speaking to your involvement in the life of the church.
○ From an instructor/professor at your seminary, describing your gifts for gospel ministry.
○ From your spouse or close friend, with clear examples of your character and values as a person.
The Elm Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
The Elm Church is a new church plant, which began with a desire to be a church in, of, and for our Elmhurst neighborhood that creates healthy communities of belonging through the gospel. God is moving to recapture the dignity of all human life, and drawing people together into communities of true belonging. Our purpose is to promote healthy community formation in Elmhurst that is: (1) gospel-living, (2) city-positive, (3) relational, and (4) multiplying.Apply Online Contact Via Email