The Columbia Presbyterian Office Manager serves Christ by providing administrative and office management support to the Pastoral Staff, the Session, the Trustees and the congregation of Columbia Presbyterian Church. Duties encompass those areas described below including but not limited to:
- Manage administrative aspects of the church by planning delegating and monitoring tasks assigned to administrative assistants, establish office and administrative procedures and creating and managing the budgets for office operations and equipment and work with our external partners to support payroll, medical insurance and provide bills, receipts and reports and other information as needed.
- Manage office operations by maintaining office files, keeping abreast of church protocol by keeping policies current, providing administrative support when needed by all ministries, keeping the office appearance neat and orderly, acting as the liaison between church and ministries using facility, and booking rooms/handling facility usage requests.
- Support pastoral staff as they prepare for worship by producing and editing the weekly bulletin/children’s worship bulletin, maintaining a database of songs/responsive readings used for worship and producing a PowerPoint file for worship service
- Maintain records by processing welcome slips to record new addresses, phone #, e-mail addresses in church database, coordinating the membership process and maintaining membership records, keeping annual attendance statistics for yearly reports and monitoring the new visitor workflow and other database workflows as needed.
- Prepare for Special Events by coordinating with ministries to advertise by web, brochure, bulletin, newspaper, radio, etc. assist with the ordering of supplies and food and/or find coordinators for meals, childcare, room set-up/take-down, and by keeping track of conference monies and people who register
- Coordinate communication by reading and handling office e-mail and postal mail, receiving and assisting office visitors in person and on the phone, maintaining access to congregational directories, gathering and recording information on births, marriages, deaths, baptisms, new members, etc., improving and managing the church’s website and social media, creating registrations and calendar reservations for events, posting prayer requests on prayer chain and maintaining prayer chain distribution list, and answering and screening calls for Pastoral Staff.
- Contribute to strategic planning and development by identifying and prioritizing ways to improve, implement and train volunteers and staff on new technologies, procedures and/or processes.
Some duties are delegated by the Office Manager to Administrative Assistants as needed. However, it is expected that the office manager be capable of fulfilling these tasks as needed in support of office administrative needs.
- Minimum High School Degree with 5 years’ experience providing administrative support. Previous office manager experience preferred.
- Current or previous experience with QuickBooks business accounting software
- Proficiency in MS Office software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, word, etc.)
- Proven ability to proactively learn and use new technologies
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Lifting: must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
Columbia Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
We have been part of the Columbia, Maryland region for the past 40+ years. We are a mid-size congregation in the PCA. We seek to experience and extend the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ to Columbia, the region, and the world.Apply Online Contact Via Email