Music Minister / Worship Leader
The Music Minister/Worship Leader is responsible for working closely with the Lead Pastor in planning, coordinating, and orchestrating the weekly worship gathering (as well as occasional special events). He will lead the church in worshiping the Lord through music and will do so, in part, by overseeing and investing in a team of volunteers (musicians, vocalists, A/V techs). With a prayerful posture and humble dependence on the Holy Spirit, he will strive to foster an environment of Christ-exalting, congregationally-edifying worship.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Lead by example, reflecting the character of Christ as revealed in the Bible.
- Attend church functions and participate regularly in a small group.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor (and other staff) in carrying out the church’s vision and mission.
- As requested by the Lead Pastor, attend and participate in staff meetings.
MUSIC & TECHNOLOGY
- Lead the church in musical worship through singing and playing one or more instruments (e.g., guitar, piano/keyboard).
- Recruit, train, schedule, and oversee a team of volunteer musicians, vocalists, and A/V techs.
- Coordinate, prepare, and lead a weekly rehearsal with a two-fold purpose: preparation for Sundays and cultivation of Christ-centered community among the music team.
- As requested by the Lead Pastor, help with music and tech-related needs outside of the regular weekly worship gathering (e.g., funerals, weddings, special events).
- Oversee the audio, visual, and general tech ministries of the church (knowledge of ProPresenter and PowerPoint is a plus).
ADMINISTRATION & PLANNING
- In conjunction with the Lead Pastor, assemble a collection of biblically faithful, congregationally-friendly, gospel-centered songs that can be regularly drawn from in the song selection process. A blend of traditional songs (i.e., hymns) and contemporary songs is ideal.
- In conjunction with the Lead Pastor, select songs that engage the congregation, reinforce the sermon, and support the overall teaching ministry of the church.
- In conjunction with the Lead Pastor, formulate an order of service for each Sunday via Planning Center.
- In conjunction with the Lead Pastor, develop a plan for growing and improving the church’s music ministry (including technology).
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the music ministry in accordance with the church’s financial policies and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please email your resume and cover letter (in PDF format) to Pastor John Alexander at email@example.com. Please use “Music Minister Application – [your name]” as the subject line.
- Please also include links to any social media platforms you use and links to any recordings of you singing, playing, and/or leading worship.
For more information about this opportunity or about our church, please visit: http://www.gracejourneyorlando.com/jobs
- A passion for the Lord and a passion to make disciples.
- A heart for people and for meaningful, Christ-centered relationships.
- A commitment to excellence, personal growth, and teamwork.
- Experience leading musical worship (solo and with a team).
- Ability to lead music through singing and playing one or more instruments.
- Knowledge of audio and visual technology related to worship ministry.
- Be a committed follower of Christ, growing in holiness and Christlikeness.
- Be an active member of GJCC (or be willing to become one), affirming our Statement of Faith, Constitution, and Bylaws.
Grace Journey Community Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Southern Baptist Convention (SBC)
Description of Organization
Grace Journey Community Church exists to glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ. We're passionate about this mission because it was given to us by Christ himself (Matt. 28:18-20). We're not a perfect church, but we do have a perfect Savior - and we desire to make much of him in everything we do. We'd love to walk with you on your journey to learn more about Christ.Apply Online Contact Via Email