MNA ShortTerm Research Internship- Mullins Presbyterian Church (Mullins, SC)
Through Mission Mullins, a short-term missions program endorsed by the PCA, our church seeks to move out into our community to live out the gospel, to develop lasting friendships with our neighbors, and to serve “the least and the lost” with integrity, compassion, and genuine concern. Through acts of mercy, bridges are built, and relationships are formed and deepened to God’s glory and for Kingdom purposes.
The MNA Research Intern Program is designed to give qualified students firsthand ministry experience working with the pastor and short-term missions coordinator and is ideal for those seeking purpose and direction for future ministry.
We welcome your application and pray that if chosen, this position will be beneficial in all future endeavors.
- Initially, the intern will work in concert with the pastor and Mission Mullins Coordinator to identify work sites, recruit local volunteers, pair ministry teams with appropriate work sites, and to assist in planning and logistics of Mission Mullins work week (June 14-19, 2021)
- During the week of Mission Mullins, the intern will participate as directed by our coordinator. This participation may include leading a work crew, overseeing daily schedule, visiting worksites to interact with families and volunteers, leading daily devotions, assisting in worship times, etc.
- After Mission Mullins work week, the intern will assist in follow-up work with families served, complete MNA research project as outlined in MNA Research Intern Manual, and communicate findings to session, pastor, and coordinator.
- In addition to the duties outlined above, the intern will be tasked with developing effective ministries for young adults in our church and community. These ministries may include but are not limited to Small group Bible studies, a Sunday School class, fellowship/recreational opportunities, etc.
- The intern will also have opportunities to teach/preach as directed by the pastor (Wednesday night/Sunday morning).
- The intern will also work alongside the pastor in the areas of visitation (post-pandemic), administration, worship leadership, and mercy ministry in order to gain valuable experience and understanding.
The position will be full-time during summer months (May-August) but may be extended and adjusted to allow students to complete seminary in fall and spring if so desired by session and intern.
Compensation will be set based on applicant’s qualifications and experience and the number of hours the intern is able to work. Please know our intention is to offer a fair and competitive salary in order to attract the most qualified applicants.
MNA ShortTerm Missions
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Mission to North America is one of the agencies of the Presbyterian Church in America. MNA ShortTerm exists to mobilize and equip the Church to serve by connecting God's people with opportunities that are cross-cultural, flexible, affordable, and high-impact.Apply Online Contact Via Email