Christian Union seeks a qualified individual to serve as a Ministry Fellow to students in an academically rigorous setting. Ministry Fellows are responsible for ministering to Christian and non-Christian students, developing their leadership abilities, modeling a radical seeking God lifestyle, teaching Christian students the Scriptures, sharing the Gospel with non-believers and overseeing programs and social events.
A. Embrace and Embody CU’s Distinctives
- Seeking God Lifestyle
Christian Union emphasizes a mindset and behaviors considered normative by Christians for centuries, starting with the book of Acts. A seeking-God lifestyle includes humbling oneself through fasting, extraordinary prayer (including day and night), large intake of Scripture, repentance, obedience to God in every regard, perseverance in seeking God wholeheartedly, extended times of gathering with fellow believers, and intentionally calling other Christians to seek God with great diligence. When Christians seek the Lord wholeheartedly they can expect fresh fillings and outpourings of the Spirit.
- Christian Unity
Maior Autem His Est Caritas (“the greatest of these is love”) is inscribed around the center of Christian Union’s logo as a reminder that God’s love is central, and His love is the inspiration to uphold Christian love and unity among Christians. Christian Union board members, faculty, staff, financial partners and alumni are committed to loving one another and fellow Christians as members of the body of Christ.
- Intellectual Orientation
Christian Union tailors its ministry to people of high intellectual capacity whose knowledge of Scripture ranges from non-existent to well-developed. Christian Union associates are selected for their ability to assess needs and to lead at this level. Christian Union knows that all wisdom and knowledge are in Jesus Christ and therefore sees harmony and not contradiction between intellectual pursuits and strong faith.
- Organizational Excellence
The nature and significance of Christian Union’s calling compel a culture of discipline and accountability. While the primary “products” as an organization are God’s glory and changed lives, which can be hard to measure, the ministry does its best to track inputs and outputs to be as effective as possible. The ministry aspires to be as organizationally robust as some of the best well-run, for-profit firms.
- Professional Growth
Christian Union believes that God, in His wisdom, deposited gifts and abilities in all men and women. As these are recognized and developed, and as additional skills are imparted through training and feedback, associates have the opportunity to reach their full potential. CU prizes ongoing growth and spiritual and professional development of Christian Union’s staff and faculty because it honors God, helps further the mission, and contributes to the flourishing of the people.
- Bold Faith
Christian Union values bold, expansive faith. Everything the Bible says about God, humanity and the universe is wholly true; therefore Christian Union moves forward in confidence of what God will do for those who love and obey Him. Christian Union believes Him for great and seemingly impossible changes because if He can create the entire universe, He can do more than one can ask or imagine.
B. Effectively Minister within Christian Union’s Distinctives and Ministry Model
- Recruit and teach students the Scriptures in 12-week intensive small-group Bible Courses and in one-on-one settings
- Recruit and coach teams of students to organize outreach, social and other events
- Organize, implement and oversee additional important discipleship and outreach programs including conferences, evangelistic events, speaker series, and others as needed
- Share the gospel with students individually, as well as in small and large group settings
- Offer hospitality and friendship to students through meals and other social gatherings
- With other Christian Union Fellows, regularly evaluate the effectiveness of ministry programs in order to suggest and implement modifications
- Assume other responsibilities as needed for the sake of the ministry on campus, or for the sake of the overall Christian Union ministry
- Strong devotion to Jesus Christ, holiness, and a passion to make Him known
- Knowledge of the basics of the faith, as well as the heart and capacity to study and teach complex theological issues
- In agreement with our Statement of Faith and Ethics
- Embraces and embodies Christian Union distinctive and values
- Adaptable to the culture of a highly secular academic environment
- Passion for students to know and follow Jesus Christ, and the ability to form friendships with students quickly and easily
- Excellent communication ability
- Capable of delegating responsibility to students and coaching them to performance standards
- Quick learning ability to absorb the best practices of the ministry
- Strong teaming skills in order to work well with other Teaching and Ministry Fellows
- Five years’ minimum professional experience
- Ability to meet deadlines, and to work independently to complete tasks
- Theological training helpful but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred but not required.
Competitive compensation and benefits offered. This is a full-time paid position that is supported by securing Christian Union Cornerstone Partnerships by each local ministry. Securing these partnerships is a key part of this job. Team members may be asked to support this effort by connecting with personal networks and alumni.
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Christian Union was formed in 2002 for the purpose, by God’s power and with the help of other ministries, to change the world by bringing sweeping spiritual transformation to the nation’s most strategic universities, thereby developing and mobilizing godly leadership for all sectors of society. The ministry is in need of dynamic and energetic Christians desirous of expanding the knowledge of Jesus Christ in these institutions. For more information, please see www.ChristianUnion.org.Apply Online Contact Via Email