Ministry Administrator for Church Administration
Summary Job Description
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Church Administration, the full-time Ministry Administrator for Church Administration will provide administrative support to enable the effectiveness of the Sr. Director of Church Administration in the areas for which he is responsible: Operations, Human Resources, IT, Communications, Risk Management, and Finance. This person will also work independently with limited supervision and have a proven degree of credibility and professional maturity.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Assist and support Sr. Director of Church Administration with daily responsibilities, appointment scheduling, correspondence, reports, special projects, and preparation for meetings
- Serve as liaison between the Sr. Director of Administration, the Administration & Finance office, and all other church departments as needed
- Supervise church office receptionist staff, including production of printed materials for Sunday services
- Administer and evaluate C.A.R.E. (Caring Adults in a Responsible Environment) child protection policy for church staff, leadership, and volunteers
- Monitor and maintain policies pertaining to C.A.R.E
- Schedule and prepare Ministry Safe Committee quarterly meetings to review C.A.R.E. policies
- Supervise C.A.R.E. Administrator
- Oversee and negotiate the renewal of office equipment and personnel contracts
- Maintain church leadership records.
- Assist with record retention and organization of Sr. Director of Church Administration’s files
- Maintain churchwide Policies and Procedures, including Employee Handbook
- Manage churchwide calendar and prepare for annual calendar planning meeting
- Work in tandem with Operations Ministry Administrator to ensure facilities are reserved for ministry spaces and assist with the details of event planning
- Assist Human Resources Generalist .
- Annual performance appraisal system
- Recruit for vacant/new positions, review applications and resumes, and conduct new employee orientation
- Edit and maintain job descriptions
- Perform background checks and motor vehicle reports on employees
- Maintain organizational chart and church/school staff phone lists
- Assist with monitoring risk management of the church and school
- Function as liaison with insurance agents, church, and school; implement and interpret policies for staff; submit insurance claims
- Coordinate annual renewal of General Liability, Auto, Worker’s Comp, and International policies. Communicate policy changes to school’s business office
- Partner with Communications Manager
- Weekly Admin meetings
- Calendar planning
- Production of printed church materials
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, reflecting a desire to serve Him and others in work and life
- Committed to personal integrity and prayer in all aspects of personal and professional life
- Eager to enable the Sr. Director of Church Administration to be highly effective
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and computer proficiency (Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Previous experience in managing and organizing a work environment, including project management skills
- Good writing and editing skills
- Strong ability to lead, create, and improve work processes to drive church and school ministry success
- Demonstrated dedication to provide excellent customer service at all times
- Strong sense of ownership/responsibility.
- Proactive, takes initiative, demonstrates the ability to operate independently (with strong support from the Sr. Director)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and professionally with various church constituents such as volunteers, Elders, Deacons, community, staff, and vendors
- Position requires daily contact with confidential information; therefore, individual must have a proven degree of credibility and professional maturity
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in an active and busy environment with high flexibility and adaptability.
- Able to maintain a calm demeanor and think clearly both independently and within a team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
Christ Covenant Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Christ Covenant Church is a congregation that believes the truth of the Bible applies to all of life. That truth includes how we should worship, how our church is led. and how we should care for others as people of faith.
We want to be known for our welcome to everyone who wants to know more about our church, our beliefs, our ministries, and the reason for the hope that lives in us. We invite you to come and worship with us, to learn more about Christ and what it means for believers to stand on truth and walk by faith.
In humble reliance upon the word of God and prayer, we are committed to worshiping God, making disciples, loving one another, and serving the body of Christ.