Minister to Young Families
POSITION SUMMARY: The individual must be mature in their faith, possess wisdom and discretion and be led by the Holy Spirit to the service and ministry of Jesus Christ. The individual should have a heart for discipleship of families with children and youth, building relationships and caring for them in their walk with Christ. The individual should lead a lifestyle that conforms to the biblical description of an officer of Christ’s Church and must subscribe to the Essential Elements of the Reformed Faith as defined by the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC).
- Create a culture to attract young families from the community to Centre Church.
- Be creative in developing outreach activities and programs to welcome young families into a relationship with Christ.
- Work with existing membership to assimilate new families into the life of the church.
- Develop programs to meet the needs of young families, teaching, bible study, mentoring and coming along side to help them grow in their faith.
- Recruit, train and encourage existing members in ministry to young families with children and youth.
- Oversee existing programs including Vacation Bible School, holiday activities, fall festival, and develop and organize other activities, such as bible study, mission trips, service projects, recreation events, relationship building opportunities.
- Build relationships with parents and encourage participation in children’s programs.
- Develop new family communication tools; newsletter, e-mail, Facebook, etc.
- Preach sermons and oversee pastoral care in the Senior Pastor’s absence.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Senior Pastor or Session.
- Attend weekly staff meetings with the Senior Pastor.
- A commitment to serving God through discipleship and outreach to the community.
- Proven leadership in recruiting and training volunteers for ministry in a small to medium size congregation.
- The ability to connect with and build relationships with young families.
- Appropriate Education (MDiv preferred).
- Be an ordained minister in the EPC or working toward ordination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
Centre Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - Other
Mooresville, NC, NC
Description of Organization
Centre Church is a historic congregation located in Mooresville, NC, tracing its’ beginnings to 1764. Originally a farming and working class community, Mooresville is a rapidly growing area with wonderful medical facilities, job opportunities, schools and recreational opportunities as well as changing demographics and cultural norms. Through all the change, Centre Church has remained faithful to the teaching and preaching of God’s Word. The challenge going forward is to fulfill Christ’s “great commission” in this dynamic community.Apply Online Contact Via Email