MBA Ministry Specialist – Research Triangle, NC
InterVarsity/USA is seeking a campus staff to serve MBA students and professors at business schools in the area known as the North Carolina “research triangle.” North Carolina is home to multiple influential business schools, including some ranked in the top 20 nationally. Currently, we have an ongoing MBA student fellowship at Duke (Fuqua School of Business) and UNC Chapel Hill (Kenan-Flagler Business School).
The MBA Ministry campus specialist will:
- Partner with students and faculty at both Business Schools to create missional communities
- Mentor MBA students and advise high performing teams
- Meet with faculty to help them nurture their vision for being and creating world changers
- Contribute to national initiatives like the annual Christian MBA Conference Believers in Business
- Network with Christian business leaders to find mentors and speakers for campus
- Broker partnerships (e.g., mentoring) with groups like: New Canaan Society, C12, CBMC and other faith and work ministries
The ideal candidate has a deep appreciation for business as a strategic force for improving life and making a kingdom difference in people, values, and institutions. This is a challenging, high-energy position, and you will work with a team of exceptional colleagues who will stimulate your own growth and learning. To accomplish this, you will receive specialized training and ongoing coaching from InterVarsity leaders for working with graduate students and faculty. Additionally, you will be part of a team of colleagues, partnering together to reach campuses throughout the Carolinas and Virginia.
Candidates ideally possess academic degrees beyond a Bachelor’s degree. Theological degrees are desired but not required. Staff are expected to raise their ministry budget and will receive training in Ministry Partnership Development.
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries (GFM) works with graduate student chapters and/or faculty communities. Campus Staff Ministers are assigned to one or more campuses. We are hiring women and men who love the university, its ideas and people, value the life of the mind, care about leading a life which integrates studies, work and faith, and are willing to raise money from donors. Staff may work full-time or part-time in a paid or volunteer position. We love what we do! We find our work challenging, meaningful, strategic, and rewarding.Apply Online Contact Via Email