MBA Ministry Specialist – NYC
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA is seeking a campus staff to serve MBA students and professors at business schools in New York City, arguably the business and finance capital of the world. New York is home to multiple influential business schools, including some ranked in the top 20 nationally. Currently, we have an ongoing student fellowship at Columbia and have contact with students eager to plant a fellowship at NYU Stern.
The MBA Ministry campus specialist would:
- Partner with students and faculty at Columbia Business School to create missional communities
- Mentor MBA students and advise high performing teams
- Meet with faculty to help them nurture their vision for being and creating world changers
- Plant a new chapter at NYU
- Visit occasionally Wharton and Yale’s MBA programs to be a resource to students and faculty
- Contribute to national initiatives, like the annual Christian MBA Conference Believers in Business
- Network with Christian business leaders to find mentors and speakers for campus
- Broker NYC based partnerships (e.g., mentoring) with groups like: New Canaan Society, Redeemer, Praxis, PURE
The ideal candidate has a deep appreciation for business as a strategic force for improving life and making a kingdom difference in people, values, and institutions. This is a challenging, high-energy position, and you will work with a team of exceptional colleagues who will stimulate your own growth and learning. To accomplish this, you will receive specialized training and ongoing coaching from InterVarsity leaders for working with graduate students and faculty. Join a unique ministry that has produced significant fruit. Our world needs competent business leaders with character. You can be part of developing them. Consider joining our team or referring others to spread the Gospel to the university and beyond.
Candidates ideally possess academic degrees beyond a Bachelor’s degree. Theological degrees are desired but not required. Staff are expected to raise their ministry budget and will receive training in Ministry Partnership Development.
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries (GFM) works with graduate student chapters and/or faculty communities. Campus Staff Ministers are assigned to one or more campuses. We are hiring women and men who love the university, its ideas and people, value the life of the mind, care about leading a life which integrates studies, work and faith, and are willing to raise money from donors. Staff may work full-time or part-time in a paid or volunteer position. We love what we do! We find our work challenging, meaningful, strategic, and rewarding.Apply Online Contact Via Email