Do you enjoy working with your hands and thinking on your feet? Do you have an eye for excellence and a heart for service? We are seeking a talented Maintenance Specialist to assist the Sr. Maintenance Specialist and Facilities Supervisor with all maintenance-related duties on the property including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and landscaping. The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for responding to maintenance requests quickly and ensure that they are resolved efficiently and with a high level of quality.
- Inspect property regularly including (but not limited to): lighting, irrigation, water features, landscaping, etc. to ensure all are running properly, safely, and according to Ligonier standards.
- Conduct minor repairs including (but not limited to): drywall, painting, basic lighting and plumbing, etc.
- Provide supplemental janitorial services to campus buildings including (but not limited to): restroom cleaning and restocking, dusting, vacuuming, window cleaning, etc.
- Assist events team in scheduling and executing the set up and tear down of furniture and chairs for events on campus. Moves equipment and furniture as needed.
- Ability to provide vacation coverage for other maintenance specialists and may be required to fill in for facilities supervisor as required.
- Must be able to use a computer in the performance of job duties.
- High School diploma / GED required.
- 5+ years experience with building and facility maintenance preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work efficiently without supervision.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Agreement with the Ligonier Ministry’s General Statement of Faith.
- Meet the attendance requirements of the position.
- May work occasional evenings and weekend hours as needed.
- Must have clear MVR in order to operate vehicles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required to stand, walk, use hands, stoop, kneel, crouch, lift and carry objects over 50 lbs., climb, work on ladders, and work outside in various weather conditions.
This position is for a non-profit Christian ministry located near Orlando, Florida.
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Ligonier Ministries is an international Christian discipleship organization founded by theologian Dr. R.C. Sproul in 1971 to equip Christians to articulate what they believe and why they believe it, how to live it and how to share it. Proclaiming God's holiness is central to our purpose. Headquartered in Sanford, FL, we currently have over 100 employees serving our constituents around the world.Apply Online Contact Via Email