For the glory of God and the building up of the body of Christ, pastors at Morning Star are responsible to bring the Word of God to bear upon the congregation. We do this publicly and in private. We minister to help members grow in worship and discipleship.
As an elder, the lead pastor serves in community with the other elders and oversees the vision, mission, and administrative structure of the church. This is an elder-recommended and congregationally affirmed position.
Ministry of the Word & Prayer
- Preach the Word (2 Timothy 4:2; Acts 6:4). He must prayerfully prepare messages to feed the flock of God on a weekly basis (John 21:15-17).
- Pray for the congregation (Acts 6:4).
- Provide theological direction and emphasis to ministry teaching efforts.
Pastoral Care & Shepherding the Flock
- Shepherd his family (1 Timothy 3:2, 4).
- Shepherd the flock of God (1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Counsel and visit members in need.
- In cooperation with the other elders, continue a regular system of visitation and care for members of Morning Star.
Theological Vision & Christ-Centered Mission
- Embrace the vision & mission for our church: we exist to be spiritually growing followers of Jesus who lead others into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Embrace the five core commitments of our church:
- A global vision for the glory of God
- The sufficiency of the Word of God
- The life-changing power of the gospel
- The present and active ministry of the Holy Spirit
- Authentic, growing community
3. Lead and collaborate with the elders in casting ongoing vision and mission to the members.
4. Effectively communicate Christ-centered vision and mission to the members.
5. Assist in refining our approach to global missions in a way that is consistent with our articulated theology and philosophy of missions.
Advance of the Gospel
- Model relational disciple-making.
- Lead us in community connection and evangelism by being intentional in interactions and conversations with non-Christians and in developing strategic outreach initiatives through our local church.
- Lead the church by example in developing relationships with non-Christians in our community and speaking the gospel winsomely.
- Assist in the administrative oversight of the church.
- Assist in the administrative oversight of other specific ministries as needed.
Presupposition: candidate meets the requirements of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
Philosophy of ministry: someone committed to leading and shepherding a congregation with the Word, through a distinctly gospel-focused lens
Gifts: preaching/teaching, leadership/administration, discipleship, evangelism, encouragement, for the purpose of equipping the members of Morning Star to speak the Word to each other and to our community
- Must be a born-again, baptized believer.
- Must demonstrate by life and ministry the qualifications set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:6-9.
- Must affirm our Statement of Faith and Constitution.
- Must possess the spiritual gifts and maturity appropriate for this position, including teaching (Ephesians 4:11), shepherding (Ephesians 4:11), exhortation (Romans 12:8), faith (1 Corinthians 12:9) administration (1 Corinthians 12:28), leadership (Romans 12:8), and discernment (1 Corinthians 12:10)
- Should engage in contemporary issues from a biblical perspective
- Should be gifted to relate to people of diverse demographics
- Should have ministry experience and have earned at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent training.
Morning Star Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
We are an elder-led congregational church of 140+ members and attenders "under care,” with a “pre-Covid” weekly attendance that averaged just over 200. We have a wide diversity of ages, from singles, young marrieds, young families, middle-aged families, and older couples. We have some diversity of language (English [primarily], Russian, Burmese, Spanish, and occasional other languages). We are a 9Marks-friendly church with a commitment to expositional preaching, committed church membership, and intentional worship.Contact Via Email