The Lead Pastor is a full-time ministry position whose responsibility is the spiritual growth of the FEFC community, primarily through preaching, teaching, and spiritual leadership. The Lead Pastor is the primary representative of the FEFC community.
Principal areas of oversight are preaching and teaching the Bible, pastoral care, church growth, community outreach, evangelism, pastoral and ministry staff development, visitor and first-time attender follow-up, and visitation.
The Lead Pastor is also responsible to present periodic oral and written reports; conduct personnel reviews; serve on the Personnel Review Committee; oversee the Nominations Committee; and periodically facilitate a Membership Class.
The Lead Pastor is responsible to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ; teach biblical truth; impart spiritual understanding; provide pastoral care oversight; cast vision and provide leadership in all areas of Church life; and oversee the pastoral, ministerial, and support staff. Specific areas of responsibility are:
- Promote and advance the mission, vision, and values of FEFC.
- Provide trusted leadership and direction to the membership, staff, and congregation.
- Provide spiritual direction to the congregation through preaching, teaching, and relational ministry.
- Work with church leaders, program directors, and church committees in the planning, training, conduct, and evaluation of church ministries.
- Oversee the planning and leadership of public worship services in conjunction with the ministry team.
- Preach and teach the Word of God, with the purpose of applying biblical truth and addressing contemporary moral issues and problems.
- Develop and implement community outreach strategies to win the lost and disciple believers.
- Lead the church in caring ministry for persons in the church and the community.
- In ministry and in personal life, model a life of discipleship and concern for non-Christians.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of FEFC and its related ministries.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative team of pastors, lay leaders, and volunteers.
- Develop and implement an effective visitor assimilation program.
- Work in cooperation with, and accountability to, the Elder Board.
- Encourage orderly procedures in the life and work of the church according to the Constitution and Bylaws and the policies and procedures of FEFC.
- Represent the best interests of FEFC in all matters.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, health, life, disability, and liability insurance, cell phone allowance, book allowance, housing allowance, generous vacation time, and more.
No phone calls please. Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume with a cover letter to:
5331 Triangle Lane
Export, PA 15632
- Minimum of five (5) years of lead or senior pastor experience
- Master’s degree in divinity, theology, Christian leadership, or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Scriptural qualifications for Elder/Shepherd according to 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA) background preferred
- Agreement with the doctrinal positions of the EFCA and FEFC
- Ordination in EFCA or willingness to pursue EFCA ordination
- Spiritual gifting pursuant to church pastoral leadership
- History of effective prior ministry as demonstrated by God’s affirming blessing
- Strong leadership and management skills to effectively lead ministry teams
- Passion for both reaching unbelievers and making disciples
- Self-motivated, creative, and strategic
First Evangelical Free Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Free Church (EFCA)
Description of Organization
FEFC is a conservative Elder led congregational church, committed to developing healthy followers of Jesus Christ where the Lead Pastor teams with the Board of Elders to cast vision and provide leadership.
The Lead Pastor is considered a vocational Elder and is an ex-officio member of all organizations, administrative bodies, and committees of the church. He works with the Pastors, other staff, and Deacon Board to make certain FEFC’s Mission, Vision, and Values form the basis of all ministries; and that all ministries are implemented with Christ-like love and excellence.
Contact Via Email