- Preaches once a week and at special events.
- Preaches from the entire Bible – Old and New Testaments – in an expository fashion.
- Flexibility to preach on special occasions to important events and developments in the life of our church or nation.
- Preaches to a variety of ages and life situations and exhorts congregants to apply Biblical principles to life.
- Officiate weddings, funerals, and baptisms.
- Holds regular posted office hours for 10-12 hours per week at the church facility at varied times. Includes time for the smooth running of the church, oversight of worship, shepherding, and meeting with volunteer leadership.
- Oversight of Sunday Worship (order of service and music) and special services. Relies on volunteer worship leader and musicians.
- Manages all church staff and volunteer ministry leadership (e.g. Children/Youth, Administration, etc.). Delegates to volunteers according their passions and gifting.
- Provides bi-weekly verbal reports (whenever elders meet) and quarterly written summaries to the Elder Board concerning the spiritual wellness of the church and status of ministries.
- As a shepherd of the church is regularly involved in the life of the church, including:
- Visitation and hospitality.
- Counseling and mentoring congregants.
- Monthly corporate prayer ministry with congregants.
- As able, is involved with other Bible believing ministers in the community.
- Provides visionary leadership to the Elder Board and church body.
- As elder, equal in status to other elders, participates in elder meetings and oversight of Deacons. Is accountable to the Elder Board concerning job performance
- Must take vacation in at least one-week increments. (2 weeks for the 1st year and 3 weeks for following years).
Please submit the following documents by email to Chris Havel (email@example.com, Chair of the Pastoral Search Committee, Islands Community Church (ICC).
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover that includes your testimony, how you were called to ministry, and brief doctrinal statement.
The pastoral search committee will then follow-up with interested persons by providing an additional questionnaire to help evaluate the candidate’s gifting and fit with the mission of ICC.
Islands Community Church, located on San Juan Island, Washington, seeks interested candidates for the position of Bi-Vocational Pastor. The position is open to those men having experience as a Senior, Lead, Associate, Assistant, or Youth Pastor. We are an Interdenominational church.
- Have a testimony of his personal conversion and commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Biblical qualifications for an elder/pastor as outlined in bylaws of Islands Community Church (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Have a clear and open calling to serve the Lord in Pastoral Ministry.
- A man who can rightly divide the Word of God, II Timothy 2:15.
- Theological perspective that is conservative, and adherent to the inerrancy of the whole Word of God.
- Master of Divinity, or equivalent education and experience
- Public speaking ability (effective communicator).
- Strong leadership gift, skills and abilities.
- Ability to submit to and implement policies decided by the Elder Board.
March 31, 2019
Islands Community Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Friday Harbor, WA
Description of Organization
Islands Community Church (ICC) was formed in 1979 by a group of Christians from several different backgrounds who felt the need for a new fellowship on San Juan Island. They decided to organize a group based on the essential fundamentals of evangelical Christianity, leaving the non-essentials, which had traditionally divided congregations and denominations, to the individual in his or her own relationship with God. ICC is a multi-generational congregation of approximately 35 active members and additional seasonal visitors.
Our vision for the future involves spreading a passion for Christ, reigniting our congregation's devotion to God, developing new leaders, and reaching out to 0thers in our community. We want to reinvigorate and develop ministries that meet the needs of our church and community, including adult Bible studies, child/youth/family ministry, evangelism and vibrant worship. ICC has a core group of members who are committed to coming alongside the bi-vocational pastor to accomplish this vision.We are seeking the path that the Lord has for us in our individual lives, in our community, and in His Kingdom.Contact Via Email