Intern – Student Ministry Director
The Ministry Internship Program at Murrysville Community Church aims to provide a unique ministry opportunity to individuals considering, or currently enrolled in seminary or another master’s level degree program, who sense a future call to part-time or full-time vocational ministry in the local church.
As a Ministry Intern at MCC, in addition to receiving partial or full financial aid toward their master’s degree, they will also get the opportunity to:
- Join a local church staff team
- Be mentored by an ordained minister of the Presbyterian Church in America
- Get first-hand ministry experience in a specialized area
- Complete internship requirements mandated by many denominations for ordination
- Potentially submit an application to, upon graduation, join our staff full-time
- High school degree or equivalent
- College degree from an accredited undergraduate program
- Admission to an accredited seminary or other master’s degree program (We recommend the online programs of Covenant Theological Seminary and Reformed Theological Seminary. We highly recommend Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary (RPTS) located in Pittsburgh, PA, as well as nearby Greystone Theological Institute and Trinity School for Ministry. Other institutions may be considered.)
- Membership in a local church
- Must be greater than 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relationally and socially intelligent
- A love for the local church
Murrysville Community Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Murrysville Community Church is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America. We are located a little more than 20 minutes east of Pittsburgh, PA.
We are averaging 180 people in weekly attendance during our worship service and currently keep approximately 300 people on our membership rolls. We are generationally very diverse, with nearly 30 children attending worship on Sunday mornings. We have around 20 kids that attend our weekly Middle School and High School ministry called Student Fellowship. We also have a children's ministry called Powered Up, that meets for two 10-week sessions serving between 30 and 40 elementary age children. These children come from both churched and unchurched families in the area.
Those are just a few highlights of what the Lord is up to in our midst. You can learn more by visiting our website at www.murysvillechurch.com.Contact Via Email