Hospice Chaplain – Part Time
Fast growing Multi-state Hospice Company seeking a Chaplain to join our team in the Ridgeland, MS area! Flexible work schedule, family & team oriented environment.
- Provides spiritual and emotional care to palliative and terminally ill patients and their families as well as grief support to the family after the death of the patient.
- Performs spiritual assessment on Palladium Hospice & Palliative Care patients.
- Acts as liaison between Palladium Hospice & Palliative Care and the spiritual community.
- Responds to the mental, spiritual, social and emotional needs of terminally ill patients and their families.
- Provides non-denominational spiritual counseling per patient and/or family request.
- Assists family in understanding the grief process.
- Gives referrals to family for community grief support groups.
- Allows patient and family to voice their concerns, fears and feelings.
- Responsive to patient’s desires and condition.
- Addresses and supports cultural practices, as long as such practices do not harm others.
- Ability to work with people of various religious faiths and cultures
- Graduate of an accredited college with a degree in ministry, counseling, or social work.
- Masters of Divinity or Masters of Theology and 4 unites of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Hospice experience a plus.
Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care provides exceptional care, practical support, and solutions for those living with serious illness and the families who care for them. When you invite us in to care for your family, we’ll deliver compassion, understanding, and a deep level of commitment along with comprehensive, life-enriching services all focused on enhancing comfort and improving quality of life.
Palladium offers comprehensive specialized support and resources to those living with serious illness (regardless of age) including children and veterans throughout South Carolina, Georgia, and Mississippi.Apply Online Contact Via Email