Pastor/Elder. Leads worship and prayer services, counseling, outreach. Man of prayer. Musical ability of pastor or spouse is desirable.
Open until filled; application preferable no later than 03/01/19
Full-Time or Part-Time
Full time, opportunities for additional employment
Grace Baptist Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Rangely, CO 81648
Description of Organization
About Grace Baptist Church and Rangely, Colorado
Grace Baptist Church:
• Affiliated with Southern Baptist Convention and Grand Valley Association.
• Teach reformed doctrine.
• Average attendance in Sunday Morning services is 70-75; average adult Sunday school attendance is 15-20. Sanctuary capacity about 150.
• Traditional worship services; Sunday morning worship and Wednesday evening prayer service.
• Ages of members and regular attendees range from young couples with small children to retired couples.
• Mostly Anglo-American.
• Education level of adults range from high school to M.S. degrees.
• Annual operating budget is about $150,000. No church debt.
• Pastor is the only paid staff; other work, teaching, etc. by volunteers.
• Parsonage provided; split level, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, single garage, pellet stove in family room; located adjacent to church building.
• Total compensation package around $70,000 includes salary, parsonage, all utilities, insurances (health, dental), annuity. Vacation time based on years in ministry.
• Reimbursed for travel expenses; book allowance; love gifts.
• Convention, Association, conference, and training participation is encouraged.
• Part or all moving expenses will be paid by Grace Baptist.
• Church will insist that Pastor takes at least one full day off each week.
• Located in Rio Blanco County in northwest Colorado; in canyon country rather than high mountains.
• Population about 2,300 people.
• Other denominations in town include American Baptist (community church), Independent Baptist, Christian Church, Assembly of God, Lutheran.
• Strong LDS (Mormon) influence; LDS is largest “religious” organization.
• Major economies based in oil and gas development, coal mining, and ranching.
• Semi-arid, with about 12” of precipitation per year.
• Located on the White River, with reservoir about 10 miles east of town.
• Near Dinosaur National Monument, White River National Forest, Routt National Forest.
• Closest areas for major shopping are Vernal, UT (60 miles), Craig, CO (90 miles), and Grand Junction, CO (90 miles). Travel to Grand Junction involves going over Douglas Pass.
• Denver is about 300 miles east; Salt Lake City is about 225 miles west.
• Public schools (no private schools); pre-school through 12th grade (about 150 in high school).
• Colorado Northwest Community College (a State junior college) with emphasis on aircraft maintenance, dental hygiene, and adult education. About 600 students.
• Many outdoor based recreational opportunities – camping, hiking, bird watching, bicycling, reservoir boating, canoeing, river rafting, hunting, fishing, etc.
• Excellent 9-hole golf course, inexpensive fees.
• Excellent Community Recreation Center (weight and exercise rooms, swimming pool, handball courts).
• Community library
• Clinic and small hospital (excellent facilities and staff for a small town).
• Assisted living and long-term care facilities.
• Closest tertiary care is Grand Junction (St. Mary’s and Community Hospitals).