Mission & Outreach Administrative Assistant
- Open all Department mail and save in files
- Save all emails in correct files
- Directs/handles phone calls and check voice mails
- General Administrative Tasks
- Proof materials as needed
- Maintain Minister of Mission & Outreach’s calendar
- Any administrative work Minister of Mission & Outreach needs done
- Answer and keep updated on emails/correspondence received from members, missionaries, etc.
- Contact Missionaries for prayer request for Missionaries of the Week and send the appropriate information to the appropriate people
- Update Bulletin and First Epistle
- Maintain the church website and app
- Maintain the church database for Missionaries and committee profiles codes/lists with updates/changes.
- Maintain Department organization of: supplies/ordering, filing methods, work areas.
- Assist the International Class on Tuesday nights as needed.
- Process checks and support for various mission trip
- Relieve receptionist for switchboard duty periodically as scheduled.
- Prepare Mission &Outreach Ministry Report for Session meeting
- Follow-up Session Meeting with applicable work and reports to Business Office and missionaries.
- Prepare agendas and packets/key committee minutes and reports/prepare budgets.
- Attend all committee meetings.
- Create and maintain various forms for church, brochures, fliers, etc.
- Collect name tag request forms and order FPC name tags
- Assist with bulk mailings and Event preparations if needed.
MAJOR WORKS FOR ANNUAL MISSIONS CONFERENCE:
- Organize and work with various committees and members for the annual Missions Conference
- Help organize all aspects of Mission Conference this includes personal info regarding housing, meals, hosts, major events, etc.
- Attend the committee meetings and take minutes, provide agenda packet, and maintain the budget.
- Create publications for the Mission Conference (booklet, pledges cards, etc.)
- Participate in final Debrief Meeting to ascertain info that will be helpful in future Conferences.
- Organize and work with committees for the event
- Fill out the proper paper work with the City of Jackson if needed.
- Contact venders and organize the various events
- Make sure the event is properly advertised (social media, handouts, post cards, announcements, etc.)
- Create or facilitate the graphics and advertising
- Get and prepare all the necessary items
MISSION TRIP PROJECTS:
- Collect monies and maintain financial records for each mission trip/person.
- Missions Trip Information forms, Application forms, Interview forms created and maintained.
- Work with Mission Team Leaders, Elders, and Team Members through process.
- Get insurance for all trip participants.
- Make sure prayer requests for the team are in the bulletin
- Arrange a team commissioning during the Sunday evening service and a report upon team return.
- Email First Epistle Editor a list of team members, and trip information for the First Epistle two weeks before the mission team departs.
Has to know Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel)
Good Communication skills
Full-Time or Part-Time
First Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
First Presbyterian Church is a 3,000 member church in downtown Jackson, in the Belhaven neighborhood.Contact Via Email