[Female] Assistant Director of High School Ministry
The Assistant Director of High School ministries is primarily geared toward “relational ministry.” She will seek to build relationships with high school females in order to evangelize and disciple them, both in our church and beyond. She will also assist in planning, implementation, and team building. She will work side by side with our Director of Youth Ministries.
- She must be a skilled disciple-maker, which indicates the following:
- The ability to help a teenager understand the Biblical text for themselves, whether it be in a one-on-one, small group, or larger setting.
- The ability to connect the gospel and the broader Christian worldview to issues that confront the youth of our congregation and the youth culture at large.
- The desire to know students deeply, albeit appropriately.
- The ability to demonstrate a progressively-sanctified life as the ‘aroma of Christ.’
- This is a recognition that much of discipleship is “caught” in addition to being taught.
- She must be a team player who works well under authority, is teachable, and is able to exercise servant leadership.
- She must have a desire to reach lost students in addition to the students in her care.
- She must have the ability to communicate and build relationships with parents.
First Presbyterian Church (Columbia, S.C.)
Contact Name & Contact Info
Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church (ARP)
Description of Organization
Established in 1795, First Presbyterian Church is a historic beacon for the gospel in the heart of downtown Columbia, S.C. Senior Pastor: Derek Thomas.
In keeping with the Great Commission, First Presbyterian Church of Columbia aspires to be a dynamic Christian community within the heart of South Carolina, centered in the worship of God and bearing witness to the gospel of Jesus Christ our Lord.
As Christ’s disciples we strive to build vibrant lives, strong families, and a fellowship in which members care for and love one another and together seek the well-being of our city, state, and the world.
By the power of the Holy Spirit we seek to develop a vital preaching and teaching ministry, aimed at drawing men and women to Christ; healing, comforting and nurturing them in the faith; equipping them for service, and deploying them effectively into all walks of life.Contact Via Email