Summary Job Description
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, this full-time Facilities Maintenance role will be responsible for ensuring the timely setup of facilities, grounds, and equipment; as well as the maintenance of campus buildings/spaces. This person will be able to proactively identify maintenance issues that need to be addressed as well as show initiative, work without supervision, and be dependable.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible, 40 hour, 5-day-per-week position requiring in-person work Monday – Friday.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Heavy emphasis on the set up and tear down of school and church spaces to include: moving equipment, tables, and chairs into various configurations to facilitate meetings, activities, and events.
- Tasks including but not limited to: disposing of trash, replacing light bulbs, tightening cabinetry, and polishing floors.
- Assists with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- General maintenance, including but not limited to: cleaning, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry, and renovations.
- Facilitates ministry and outside group use of Audio Visual and IT equipment in church and school meeting rooms.
- Receives work orders through computerized maintenance management software and verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, reflecting a desire to serve Him and others in work and life.
- Eager to serve in a Christian learning environment, modeling diligence, perseverance, resilience, patience, courage, and Christian discipleship.
- Desire to enable the Operations Supervisor to be highly effective.
- Desire to enable ministry in all facets of Church and School life.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions closely.
- Must maintain the highest standards of safety and precaution in every operation, exhibiting foresight and awareness of potential hazards.
- Skill and expertise to fulfill the variety of maintenance issues a Church and Day School demand.
- Experience working in all aspects of maintenance.
- Experience working cooperatively with all kinds of people.
- Experience managing audio visual and IT equipment is preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 – 3 years of experience working construction and/or maintenance preferred.
This position requires continuous standing; walking; using hands to grasp or feel; kneeling, crouching, or crawling; bending or twisting; and frequently climbing ladders and using lifts. The employee is required to talk and/or hear, reach and lift with arms and hands. Must be able to consistently lift 70 pounds.
Christ Covenant Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Christ Covenant Church is a congregation that believes the truth of the Bible applies to all of life. That truth includes how we should worship, how our church is led, and how we should care for others as people of faith.
We want to be known for our welcome to everyone who wants to know more about our church, our beliefs, our ministries, and the reason for the hope that lives in us. We invite you to come and worship with us, to learn more about Christ and what it means for believers to stand on truth and walk by faith.Apply Online Contact Via Email