Facilities & Finance Administrator
POSITION: Facilities and Finance Administrator
SUPERVISED BY: Senior Minister, Executive Minister, Management Committee
The Business Administrator is responsible to the Senior Minister through the Executive Minister of the church. This accountability shall be maintained through weekly staff meetings and through personal consultation with the Executive Minister and Senior Minister. He is also responsible to the Management Committee through the Executive Minister in all areas of his work. He receives guidance and oversight from the chairman of the Stewardship Ministry and various committees of the Board of Deacons on matters pertaining to each committee’s responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set the example and spiritual quality of all programs under his responsibility, as approved by the Management Committee, through example, prayer direction, guidance and his God-given skills and expertise.
- Direct, coordinate, and execute the following administrative operations and integrate these operations with requirements of the church program: physical plant management, housekeeping maintenance, food service, security, personnel (as assigned by the Management Committee), manpower utilization, office, space management, financial, insurance, and transportation.
- Develop and maintain a purchasing program with adequate safeguards and controls for all expenditures.
- Work with other members of the church, day school, and Twin Lakes staff in a spirit of mutual cooperation to further the total church program.
- Attend meetings as requested by the Board of Deacons and its committees.
- Accept any other duty or responsibility as assigned by the Management Committee and/or supervisors.
2. Facilities / Physical Plant
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and well-defined maintenance/service program for the equipment, property, and facilities.
- Direct, coordinate, and execute church fiscal matters relating to the physical program of the church.
- Plan and direct ground maintenance and upkeep so as to give an attractive and pleasing appearance.
- Manage and coordinate all repairs, additions, painting, and decorating.
- Determine and submit all equipment needs, major repairs, and other items of major expense to the Board of Deacons or its committee for approval.
- Oversee the management, budget, and scheduling of in-house / 3rd party housekeeping staff in all duties including janitorial, set up and break down of rooms.
- Liaison with the 3rd party janitorial service.
- Oversee the management, budget, and scheduling of security personnel.
5. Food Service
- Oversee the management, budget, and coordination of the foodservice activities including purchasing.
6. Administration Personnel under Church Administrator’s Jurisdiction
- Direct and supervise all employees and be responsible to the Executive Minister for their performance and effectiveness.
- Develop, establish, and maintain employee policies and procedures.
- Schedule staff work hours, personal days, vacation time, overtime, and attendance. Approve leaves of absence.
- Recommend wage and salary adjustments and other benefits, if any, to the Management Committee.
- Annually review and evaluate the performance, effectiveness, cooperation, and work of staff and report findings to the Executive Minister.
7. Department Head of Stewardship / Finance
- Oversee and direct the church financial controller.
- Review required financial books and records for the church and its departments (except the Day School), Twin Lakes, church investments, and all other financial accounts in accordance with good business policies, standards, and procedures.
- Oversee the handling and disbursement of all church funds, deposits, etc.
- Aid in the compilation of the Church budget.
- Review and make recommendations concerning all insurance programs of the church to the Diaconate insurance committee.
- Submit insurance claims as necessary.
- Coordinate all yearly insurance audits.
- Manage all church vehicle usage.
- Ensure the maintenance of vehicles.
First Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
The First Presbyterian Church of Jackson has been a steadfast witness to historic, Reformed, Christianity for over 175 years, and we exist to glorify God by making disciples on the North State Street corridor, in the greater Jackson area, and around the world.Contact Via Email