Executive Pastor or Executive Director
The Executive Pastor (or Executive Director) will provide vision, oversight, and leadership for the operations, communications, and outreach aspects of ministry at FBCL. This position is also responsible for leading office staff and volunteer teams. This is a full-time position and is available immediately.
The ideal candidate for this position will be passionate, strategic, and collaborative and brings several years of business leadership to this context. He or she is expected to think strategically about the evangelistic growth of the ministry through outreach events while also building meaningful relationships with members of FBCL. With the Lead Pastor as the main Visionary of the church, this ideal candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to integrate the vision of the Lead Pastor and elders in strategic ways.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Prefers and enjoys leading from the second chair
- Attends Executive Leadership meetings
- Supports the Lead Pastor, allowing him to focus on his calling without undue administrative, supervisory, or management involvement.
- Serves as the Communications Hub for all ministries and staff (E-News, Top 3, Church Calendar, etc.)
- Oversees all aspects of Human Resources
- Works with Personnel Committee to keep current Personnel Handbook up to date. Reviews annually
- Performs background checks on all ministry personnel and volunteers
- Supervises all church office staff and non-executive staff
- Conducts annual performance evaluations of direct reports
- Supervises custodial team
- Oversees all church IT applications (website, servers, vendors, email accounts, etc.)
- Manages the Church Management Software: Breeze
- Maintains KPI’s for the Lead Pastor
- Provides oversight to various volunteer ministry teams: Connections, Ushers, Café, Parking, Greeters, etc.
- Oversees church vehicle maintenance and driving logs
- Directs social media and advertising strategies
- Leads the church in 2-3 annual outreach events in conjunction with other staff
- Creates and annually evaluates a catastrophic event plan and team
- Performs other duties as assigned
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Status: Full-time, salaried. Approx. 40-50 hours per week.
Compensation: Salary will be determined by experience and education. In the range of $70,000-90,000.
Benefits: Vacation and Sick Time, Health Insurance, Retirement, FICA Offset, Continuing Education, and Cell Phone Stipend
Interested Parties: Qualified candidates should submit, in addition to their resume, a one page cover letter describing your understanding of discipleship and being missional, the basis of your faith journey, comments on your personal devotional life, a recent photo or you (and/or family), and why you sense God is leading you to serve in Laurel, Maryland. All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meets character qualifications according to 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 2
- Experience working with people from diverse cultures
- Experience in ministry, business, or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree required. Business degree preferred. Seminary is a plus.
- At least 3-5 years in a leadership role.
- A proven record of effective leadership and accountability
- Ability to contextualize with those of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to connect and build relationships with congregation
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and electronic
- Has a proven track record of developing leaders and teams
- Highly efficient, productive, and goal driven
- Ability to maintain a biblical work/life balance
- Experience in setting KPI’s
- A growing Christian of high moral character
- Willing to become an active member of First Baptist Church of Laurel
- Spends time in prayer and Bible study on a daily basis
- Applies the Gospel to all aspects of life
First Baptist Church of Laurel
Contact Name & Contact Info
Southern Baptist Convention (SBC)
Description of Organization
About First Baptist Church of Laurel:
First Baptist is a mission’s-minded, multi-cultural church located midway between Baltimore, MD and Washington DC. On any given Sunday we have approximately 40 different nations represented with services in three languages. The Hispanic, Korean, and English congregations work together to reach the community of Laurel with the gospel.
About the Area:
Families in our region can take advantage of top educational opportunities through public, private, Christian, and home-school groups that rate among the highest in the nation. Recreational activities abound. Maryland is as diverse in its landscape as it is in population. From Laurel, a short drive to the west will take you to mountain country with camping and hiking opportunities. A short drive to the east will take you to the pride of Maryland, the Chesapeake Bay and one of America’s oldest beach boardwalks at Ocean City, Maryland. These are in addition to all the great activities, museums, restaurants and sports that both of our major cities offer.