Executive Assistant to the Chief of Staff
Are you looking for a position where you can put your organizational and problem-solving skills to work in support of the Great Commission? Are you a multi-tasker who thrives in an environment where no two days are exactly the same? Are you often thinking two steps ahead to solve future problems and equip teams for success? If so, you might be the right fit for the role of Executive Assistant to the Chief of Staff.
The successful candidate will exhibit professionalism, initiative, attention to detail, and flexibility. You should be comfortable communicating within all levels of the organization, including ministry leaders inside and outside the organization. You should also be able to quickly prioritize tasks, coordinate multiple requests for time, and be able to anticipate needs.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Scheduling & Planning:
- Arrange meetings, lunches, phone calls, travel, writing due dates, and other ministry-related projects in coordination with the Chief of Staff.
- Assist in maintaining the Executive Office’s daily calendar to ensure continuity in day-to-day workflow procedures. This includes resolving schedule conflicts and taking initiative to ensure meetings are well-planned and maintain clear agendas.
- Facilitate projects for the President’s Office, ensuring that the Chief of Staff remains informed of progress and concerns and that projects are streamlined and executed properly.
- Correspondence & Communication:
- Print and prepare letters and correspondence from the Executive office.
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the President’s Office with board members, donors, staff, special guests, and others on manners related to projects, events, programs, initiatives, or visits.
- Represent the President’s office by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence, and answering questions and requests directed to the Chief of Staff.
- Ensure the President’s office space is appropriately organized and prepared for daily operations.
- Oversee various financial processes, including reporting all President’s office expenses and categorizing credit statements each month.
- Assist the Chief of Staff in daily tasks, including running errands, arranging ministry meals, and other department functions.
- Anticipate housekeeping needs and maintain the cleanliness of the office.
- Act as gatekeeper for guests, answering the door and signing for packages when needed.
- Oversee the President’s office budget in coordination with the Chief of Staff, make discretionary purchases, etc.
- Trips & Events:
- Assist in trip preparation for the executive by booking, confirming, and scheduling items.
- Pack, send, and maintain necessary A/V equipment, promotional material, and technical devices.
- Help strategize on internal events, including staff devotions, large staff gatherings, etc.
- Be an ambassador for the ministry at special events, conferences, or other key meetings, as required.
This position is for a non-profit Christian ministry located in Sanford, Florida.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of relevant work experience
- Ability to take initiative
- Thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to think ahead and plan for the unexpected
- Meticulous and thorough
- Strong spelling and grammatical proficiency
- Good listening and note-taking skills
- Professional, courteous, and clear communication
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Comfortable using Apple/Mac hardware and software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Passion for the mission of Ligonier Ministries
- Agreement with Ligonier’s General Statement of Faith
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Ligonier Ministries (ligonier.org) is an international Christian discipleship organization founded by theologian Dr. R. C. Sproul in 1971 to equip Christians to articulate what they believe and why they believe it, how to live it, and how to share it. Proclaiming God's holiness is central to our purpose. Headquartered in Sanford, FL, we currently have over 200 employees serving our constituents around the world.
Ligonier offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental, 401(k) after meeting eligibility, and Paid Time Off.Apply Online Contact Via Email