Director/Pastor of Youth Formation & Ministry
- Develop & maintain a strategic & holistic plan for youth discipleship alongside the Associate Pastor.
- Nurture relationships with youth to help them stand in Christ at every step as disciples on mission.
- Teach Gospel-centered lessons & lead Gospel-centered discussions which target students’ heads, hearts, & hands.
- Partner with parents in discipling their youth.
- Lead as a leader of leaders by recruiting and developing teams of youth and lay leaders who are committed to youth discipleship.
- Develop, lead, & coordinate weekly youth programs which foster spiritual formation, community, & fun.
- Introduce churched, dechurched, & unchurched youth to the Gospel & help them grow as Christ’s disciples.
- Collaborate with the Children’s Ministry & Adult Ministries to create seamless pathways in & out of the Youth Ministry.
- Integrate youth into the life of the church by cultivating multigenerational relationships, service opportunities, and leadership opportunities.
- Healthy, loving, and supportive church community.
- High level of freedom to develop the youth ministry, within the scope of Fairview’s mission and values.
- Support, resourcing, and potential mentoring.
- Learning environment in which to grow both personally and professionally.
- Brand new youth facility to develop.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Personal discipleship marked by a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ & as evidenced in daily life.
- Alignment with Fairview’s vision frame & with our denomination’s (ECO) essential tenets.
- College graduate (seminary/ordination is a plus).
- Experience with youth & in ministry.
- Passion for the Gospel, the lost, and discipleship.
- Willingness to be vulnerable, seek help, & learn.
- High level of integrity, work ethic, & self-care.
- Strong communication & teaching skills.
- Skilled in emotional intelligence & organization.
- A “change agent” who possesses startup skills & the ability to build and develop a young ministry.
Fairview Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - Other
North Augusta, SC
Description of Organization
Fairview Presbyterian Church (www.fairvieweco.com) is a congregation of 450 covenant partners spread across the Augusta, GA, metropolitan area, also known as the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA). We recently completed the Auxano Vision Frame process to identify our unique calling "To nurture lives to stand in Christ at every step," and to identify our fore core values: (1) Substance in Our Worship, (2) Leading in Our Learning, (3) Intertwined in Our Living, and (4) Organic in Our Evangelism. Holistic discipleship and engaging families and youth are among our top priorities in the coming years. We are denominational members of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.
Our church campus is located 1.5 miles from the Savannah River and just a few hours away from other major metropolitan centers like Atlanta, Savannah, and Charleston. Augusta is perhaps best known as the home of the annual Masters Golf Tournament. Our region is also home to the US Department of Energy's nuclear Savannah River Site (SRS), Fort Gordon (US Army), and the Augusta University Medical Center. Educators, medical professionals, and SRS employees are highly represented at Fairview.Contact Via Email