Director of Youth Ministry
- Oversee the vision and direction of the ministry to middle school and high school students.
- Oversee the teaching and discipleship of the youth.
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis regarding details of upcoming events.
- Seek to positively influence parents of youth and encourage them to attend Eastside Community Church.
- Recognize, equip, and empower adults to serve and lead in the youth ministry.
- Oversee the planning and execution of all youth events including but not limited to weekly classes, service projects, retreats, and mission trips.
- Plan and lead fun and safe events for the youth.
- Be available to meet with students as needed for counseling and encouragement.
- Seek to involve youth and adults in the creative use of video, music, art and other tools to enhance the ministry to the youth.
- Develop ongoing relationships with parents of the students.
- Advise the elders and the pastor regarding issues related to youth ministry.
- Be willing to receive leadership development from pastoral staff.
- Be willing to assist pastoral staff with various administrative duties.
- Must exhibit a vibrant personal walk with Jesus Christ through personal devotion and active service in Christ’s Kingdom and the local church.
- Must fulfill the qualifications for the Deacon listed in Scripture (1 Tim. 3:8-13), although not a deacon.
- Must have tremendous personal character and impeccable integrity.
- Must actively participate in either Community Groups or Christian Education and serve on Sunday mornings.
- Must be a faithful member in good standing in his current local church and must become a member of Eastside Community Church upon being hired as Director of Youth Ministry.
- If married, his wife must become a member of Eastside Community Church and regularly attend our corporate worship services unless providentially hindered.
- Must exhibit a growing relationship of loving leadership with his wife and children, including a willingness to schedule quality time with his family.
- Must be in agreement with Eastside Community Church’s Doctrinal Statement, by-laws, mission, philosophy of ministry, vision and core values.
- Must have a passion to see youth won to Christ and grow in Christ.
- Must exhibit a desire to maintain unity within the leadership team concerning the essentials.
- Must exhibit a teachable heart and the ability to receive instruction and admonition in both his Christian walk and job performance.
- Must have an undergraduate or graduate degree in ministry, including formal training in Bible, Theology, or have related life and ministry skills. Must be willing to pursue further formal or informal training in ministry skills as needed.
- Must be a highly energetic self-starter who takes initiative but is simultaneously submissive to Lead Pastor’s leadership.
- 1+yrs. of related experience preferred, but not required.
- Seminary degree preferred, but not required.
Eastside Community Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Free Church (EFCA)
Description of Organization
We are a church in good standing in the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA). Broadly, our theological convictions fall under the following categories: Evangelical, Reformed, Complementarian, Credobaptistic, and Congregational. We are just about to celebrate 25 years as a church. Our mission is: "Inviting all to know Christ and to make Him known."Contact Via Email