Director of Youth and Families
Director of Youth and Families
Point of Contact: Executive Pastor (Jonathan Culley, firstname.lastname@example.org). To apply for this position, fill out the application at www.covenantpalmbay.org/apply and email your resume to Pastor Jonathan.
Direct the overall operation of our family ministries, which consists primarily of the High School and Middle School Ministries (grades 5 through 12) with the goals of (1) moving students progressively toward healthy discipleship in age-appropriate ways; (2) equipping parents to evangelize and disciple their own children and students; and (3) finding creative ways to reach out to visiting families and unchurched families in our surrounding community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Youth Programs. Direct the planning, operation, and evaluation of our high school ministry (grades 9-12) and middle school ministry (grades 5-8). (For more information about our youth programs, see covenantpalmbay.org/students).
- Leadership. Personally lead or appropriately delegate the leading of all student ministry activities. Recruit, train, and evaluate leaders and helpers to assist in the overall operation of youth ministry.
- Relationships. Find ways to build intentional relationships with youth (and empower adult volunteers to do the same) with the goal of making disciples, not just “filling seats.” Be on the lookout for new, visiting, or fringe families and help them connect.
- Self Development. Have healthy rhythms of self-care, including nurturing your soul, mind, body, relationships, and emotional life. Effectively balance work, family, and personal aspects of life. Actively seek to learn and sharpen your professional skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A college or seminary degree in youth ministry or Christian education is preferred, but not required. Appropriate experience in a medium-to-large church setting is desired, especially where the focus is on growing young disciples (not just creating fun worship experiences) and welcoming and following up with new families.
CHARACTER AND COMPETENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A spiritually mature individual who is proficient in communicating God’s Word, is evangelistically-minded and assents to the tenets of Reformed Theology
- Must be a leader—able to cast vision, recruit, train, inspire, motivate, and evaluate volunteers and staff; able to build a strong, healthy team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Passionate and heartfelt concern for both churched and unchurched students and families
- A highly energetic and hard-working individual who is committed to getting the job done
- Possesses a positive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrable ability to creatively envision and execute programs and events that help students worship God, grow in their faith, and use their gifts for God’s kingdom
- Ability to model creative and effective teaching techniques for students
- Self-motivated learner; committed to personal and professional development
- Practical problem-solver who solicits advice and input from other staff and team members
- Engaged co-worker who strengthens staff cohesion and effectiveness
- An absolute commitment to excellence, professionalism, and safety
- Solid time management skills and organizational abilities; ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems is important
- A high degree of flexibility and self-control in stressful situations and environments
- Ability to meet deadlines and be punctual for meetings
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations is critical, as well as the ability to work independently and not require a lot of daily coaching
- Must be a Christian who supports our overall church vision; must be or become a member of our church
Covenant Church (PCA)
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Palm Bay, FL
Description of Organization
Covenant Church is a 450-member congregation in Palm Bay, FL. Our vision is to "bring Gospel-restoration to people's deepest needs and our broken world." We specialize in discipleship, leadership development, recovery ministry, and family ministry.Apply Online Contact Via Email