Director of Worship & Youth
Worship Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create the weekly worship set list and overall worship service experience.
- Prepare for and lead the weekly and Sunday morning worship rehearsals.
- Research new music and create the necessary rehearsal elements.
- Manage the musical and volunteer details of the worship service on Planning Center.
- Create all elements of the music and sermon in Pro Presenter.
- Develop and invest personally in a thriving volunteer worship team and tech team.
- Lead the appreciation of volunteer team members.
- Recruit, audition, supervise and schedule the Worship Team and Tech team.
- Strategically plan for future growth and development of the worship ministry.
- Supervise the maintenance of all musical and technical equipment.
- Supervise Sunday morning set-up and tear-down of worship and tech in rented facility.
- Manage the livestream, sermon podcast and posting of the Sunday worship service.
Youth Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the existing student ministry (5-12th) built upon the vision, mission, strategies and values of New City Church.
- Lead a Weekly large group gathering consisting of Bible Study/teaching, worship, discipleship groups, and fun activities.
- Enable students to study and grow in God’s Word.
- Develop and coach a team of parent and young adult Discipleship Group leaders.
- Execute periodic relational and connectional fun activities.
- Lead a culture of inviting and hospitality in connecting new students and families.
- Serve actively with an FCA huddle at our public-school partner school.
- Develop opportunities for students to be evangelistic and on mission in their daily life.
- Accompany students to mid-winter and summer camps and all church mission trips.
- Proven leadership experience in worship services that are musically inspiring, Scripture-filled, gospel-centered, mission-focused, relevant and celebrative.
- Musical excellence, vocally and instrumentally, necessary to lead the worship team.
- Ability to operate the tech equipment.
- Proven experience, calling, character and competency as a leader of discipleship ministry to youth.
- A passion for the next generation of students to know and follow Christ.
- Strong leadership ability and organizational skills.
- A people person who can encourage, develop, and delegate to volunteers.
- Relevant undergraduate/graduate degrees are appreciated but not required.
- Commitment to New City Church’s vision, mission and philosophy of ministry and essential agreement with the theology as a reformed, evangelical church in the Presbyterian Church in America. Must become a member of New City Church.
- Must be a committed follower of Jesus who rejoices in the gospel and is committed to being discipled and making disciples.
- Sets and maintains healthy boundaries with work, family, rest and personal worship.
- A self-motivated learner committed to personal and professional development.
- A desire to be coached and encouraged by the pastor and collaborate in ministry.
New City Church, Palm Bay, Fl
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Palm Bay, FL
Description of Organization
New City Church (PCA) is a gospel-centered church plant in the east coast city of Palm Bay, Florida. Our launch team began gathering in May 2019 and we have grown to a church of about 150. Our mission, straight from the great commission is, “to glorify God by being and making disciples of Jesus Christ” and our vision comes from Revelation 21:1-5, “to see our city made new by the gospel.” New City is looking for someone to join our team in a full-time role who is passionate about leading God’s people in worship and seeing the next generation grow together in their relationship with Jesus. We are committed to Christ-centered, celebrative, and contemporary worship and we pursue life-on-life missional discipleship and Biblical Community. This position will be our second full-time staff person in addition to the lead pastor and the focus of this new team member will be to develop our existing worship team and our existing youth team and to further develop our 5th-12th grade youth ministry.Apply Online Contact Via Email