Director of Worship and Discipleship
Job Description: Radiant Church is looking for a team oriented person who can lead the church in singing biblically faithful songs that engage the mind and emotions. We are looking for someone who imbibes the vision of our church and can lead songs from a variety of genres (traditional, contemporary, etc) for a diverse body of believers. We value congregational participation over performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a small worship team and the church in its corporate singing.
- Create an environment that draws attention to God and fosters an atmosphere of worship in the hearts of the people.
- Communicate with, organize, recruit, encourage, and unify musicians and singers into a focused group that can joyfully lead worship.
- Participate in weekly meetings to plan and review Sunday services.
- Be present and lead worship for Sundays, major holidays, and other events the church may have, and raise up other leaders to fill in when on break.
- Be responsible for the preparation and leadership of rehearsals and practice times.
- Oversee musical equipment and any preparations needed before the Sunday Service.
- Oversee technical team and all equipment for the sound, lighting, computer, etc.
- Make sure all Pro Presenter files, slides, videos are organized and ready for services.
- Assist in leading and developing our Discovery Groups that will multiply our discipleship ministry.
- Lead people both in the church and outside the church to discover what it means to follow Jesus.
- Must have a vibrant walk with the Lord, fully supports the church’s statement of faith, and willing to be a member of the church.
- Must currently be an active member in good standing of like minded church.
- Must have the ability and be excited about the opportunity to lead others spiritually.
- Must be a gifted musician who can recognize, recruit, and shepherd other musicians.
- Must be a team player and team builder who can encourage others to grow and flourish in their gifts.
- Must possess skills of organization, consistency, and structure, who is goal-oriented, creative, and has a strong work ethic.
- Must have College degree. Seminary or Bible College training a plus.
To Apply: Send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org In your cover letter include reference to your experience, training, and primary influences for understanding worship and church. Also provide a video sample of your musical abilities.
Contact Name & Contact Info
Baptist - Other
Description of Organization
Radiant Church is a small church plant looking for a worship and discipleship director who will help lead people to know and follow Jesus in the broader ministry of the church and will specifically work to lead the corporate singing on Sundays.Contact Via Email